The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, tiggerbounce said:

Ayr United chairman vowing to personally give financial help to ourselves united and Cove.

Lest Partick and Hearts get upset think Ayr Utd are paying our legal bills.

24 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Wow! So many Anderson dissenters. Can't remember reading any doubters when he was with us, quite the opposite actually.

Funny how signing for someone else makes a footballer lose his appeal.

My issue is he’s 35 year old potentially playing in a league higher against quicker , fitter and the majority full time sides also can we justify spending our limited resources on a player at that age when we could actually have far better player lined up to sign as someone has already said players that normally out our price range could now be affordable due to the current crisis however Anderson was great for us last season and done what was required of him at the time to steady the defence 

Absolutely. My views on Anderson aren't born from revisionism. He was excellent last season, when he was fit, and he really galvanised the defence. He was almost the perfect mid-season signing. 

That he's committed to a part-time deal so early in proceedings would support the fact that there are going to be better full-time options, though. And not just for us, but for the other sides operating in the same market as us. 

Maybe Anderson himself feels that having played a couple of months in league 1 that he's best suited to playing there than stepping up to the championship.

If we keep Davo I'd still expect us to sign another centre back who is capable of breaking up the Davo & Benedictus partnership. 

A week after winning the Bell's Cup Final, Falkirk won 2-0 at Stark's Park with goals from Daniel McBreen and Darryl Duffy.

‪Brian McGinty’s penalty was enough to give St. Mirren the win against Raith at Love Street.‬

‪Rovers earned a point from a Tuesday night trip to Dingwall thanks to a stunning strike by Moussa Ouattara.‬

39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Maybe Anderson himself feels that having played a couple of months in league 1 that he's best suited to playing there than stepping up to the championship.

If we keep Davo I'd still expect us to sign another centre back who is capable of breaking up the Davo & Benedictus partnership. 

Tbf he doesn't need to move house to play for Forfar, and there's at least 4 players he's played with previously there just now as far as I can see.

We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA in the circumstances. 

It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the SFA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-club-statement-1-2-3-4

What does that even mean?

What is the notice of complaint from the SFA?
Might have been an idea for them to explain that part.

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-club-statement-1-2-3-4

What does that even mean?

Might have been an idea for them to explain that part.

Hearts and Partick have been pulled up for taking court action, which is a breach of SFA rules. 

6 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Notice of Complaint | Partick Thistle FC

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Partick Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99. 

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 August 2020

Notice of Complaint | Heart of Midlothian FC

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Heart of Midlothian FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 August 2020

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf he doesn't need to move house to play for Forfar, and there's at least 4 players he's played with previously there just now as far as I can see.

Does he not live in Dunfermline? Heard a few people say he lives near the town. 

45 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Thanks gents, just seen this article which explains it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405293

"It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

image.gif.8b9f7b89353e0414a8f632d0e1368c55.gif

Of McLean & SAndo, I think I’m more gutted about McLean not signing on. But I think I would’ve liked to have both. But as I said months back, they are both old, and 7 almost 8 months ‘out’ at that stage in your career could well be game over, which it’s pretty much proved to be the case.

Davo for me must go, to say he was ok last season is true, but only because of SAndo and Bene being back to his best. The 2 seasons prior, for me each summer it was don’t resign him, and there he f#cking was - back again! Bene, McKay as a back up, and 2 new centre half’s in. Hopefully Mendy is away, seems like a good guy but mince at fitbaw!

I’m fully behind McGlynn, and can’t wait until the legal nonsense is over with so we can start making noise in transfer rumours... I “hear” that Dobbie was a huge McGlynn fan back in the day...

I rue the loss of SAndo’s leadership more than his game, much like MacLean. I think the fact both elected to effectively pack in high level football, SAndo dropping into League One and MacLean to coaching, gives some insight into the challenges they felt trying to maintain fitness and match readiness during the shutdown. The obvious question this asks is what about Davo? He’s facing the same challenges, at a similar age, and looking at a shortened season at a higher level, does he feel he can still perform?

I think both SAndo and MacLean would have been net pluses for us this year, but after seeing what they provided, I expect JMcG is eyeing some replacements in the experience category as well as some up and comers. Hopefully we keep most of what we have and add a little, and I’m still not convinced Mendy can’t play.

At the risk of repeating myself; a keeper, a center defenseman, a right defenseman, a couple of wingers, a pure striker and an annoying, evil, nasty, dastardly poacher are required. Every team needs an evil little b*****d for the other teams to hate and overly concentrate on.

I really want to see Mendy do well. Everyone’s forgetting that he did suffer a concussion playing Cowdenbeath. He was perfectly fine in the friendlies before that. Also was standout in the 4/5 games I saw him play for Kelty. Looked strong, kept his cool in pressure situations and is an absolute tank in the air, didn’t lose a single aerial battle.

I really want to see Mendy do well. Everyone’s forgetting that he did suffer a concussion playing Cowdenbeath. He was perfectly fine in the friendlies before that. Also was standout in the 4/5 games I saw him play for Kelty. Looked strong, kept his cool in pressure situations and is an absolute tank in the air, didn’t lose a single aerial battle.

He wasn’t, can’t remember if it was his first or second friendly, but twice he tried to receive a basic pass and it went under his foot and out for a throw. Winning the odd towering header didn’t make up for him being a rotten footballer