The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sorry to be the bearer of shite news...

Wonder how hard we tried to get him back in? Suspect we weren't up for offering two years, regardless of what league we end up playing in.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yeah, not overly disappointed with that. While he'll undoubtedly do a job for Forfar, he's already 35 and he's not getting any younger. We should be aiming higher for first choice defenders, especially at this stage of the window. 

I think this is true. No doubt he steadied the defence, but worth noting his actual minutes on the pitch were limited and for me, his primary positive effect seemed to have been to allow Benedictus to regain some confidence. Also worth noting that while there are not too many forwards of Goodwillie's on field capabilities in league 1, the championship is a far sterner test.

27 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

What are you all about? He can barely even run ffs. The fact he signed for Forfar says it all. Two year contract too haha. Rather them than us. 

He is certainly a lot better all round than Iain Davidson and I fear a Championship season with him at centre half. Unfortunately its probably likely to happen. 

Just now, raith1974 said:

He is certainly a lot better all round than Iain Davidson and I fear a Championship season with him at centre half. Unfortunately its probably likely to happen. 

Iain Davidson was more than fine for us at CH when we last won this league. Granted he wasn't 36 year old back then.

Davidson & Benedictus wouldn't be the worst CH pairing in the league IMO.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

I hope you're right but imagine if someone had said four years ago, when Mckinnon was striking a deal with Stephen Thomson on his club mobile, that Rovers and Arabs fans would be having a wee love-in on a fans' forum and up in arms together about the despicable behaviour of another club's board and chairperson. 

it's a funny old game as someone famous once said ;)

We are incredulous to have received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA in the circumstances. 

It is oppressive of them to require submissions from both clubs by 20 July when we are, in terms of their own articles of association, actively engaged in arbitration.

As our focus must be squarely on that, we have already requested the SFA to review the timing to allow us to be properly prepared and represented. That is the very least we should expect from the process.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-club-statement-1-2-3-4

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Iain Davidson was more than fine for us at CH when we last won this league. Granted he wasn't 36 year old back then.

Davidson & Benedictus wouldn't be the worst CH pairing in the league IMO.

His best days are way past him, sorry but an upgrade needed and not another season out of loyalty. 

Think Anderson being 35 year old and missed most of the loan period due to injury is hardly a great loss , we can hardly be signing 35 year olds considering the resources we have and it speaks volumes that he’s signed for Forfar to much of a gamble for the Rovers and who’s to say we actually offered him a contract

I appreciate I’m splitting hairs here, but Anderson isn’t 35 until December, although he looks about 48.

Agree with others in that I’m not gutted that he isn’t coming back, however, in the 12 games he played for us last season, we won nine and drew three, which is a pretty good record.

Funnily enough, the only game he didn’t play when he was available was up at Peterhead when we lost 2-0 and we were absolutely dreadful.

He definitely added leadership and solidity and made us a better side, but whether that’s enough to justify a new deal in the league above (hopefully) for a guy in his mid thirties, I’m not sure.

Good luck to him though, I was a big fan of him during his time here.

19 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

I think Neilson said 'he' made no attempt to sign Nisbet. 

Maybe it was Hearts' sporting director, that Mrs Budge said was an essential appointment prior to appointing a head coach / manager, who approached Nisbet. 

44 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think Neilson said 'he' made no attempt to sign Nisbet. 

Maybe it was Hearts' sporting director, that Mrs Budge said was an essential appointment prior to appointing a head coach / manager, who approached Nisbet. 

I think Neilson said he hadn't spoken to Nisbet.

King Kev confirmed this was technically true as it didn't get any further than a conversation with his agent.