The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Seen some folk on twitter suggest it might start on Wednesday. 

nice hopefully it gets resolved quick and we can both get back to preparing for the new season asap been dragging on and on it seems

45 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think the Pars have played a bit of a blinder here. I thought as soon as all this happened a club that was willing and able to splash the cash a bit could built a right good squad due to the amount of players looking for a club.

Crawford showed last close season that he had targets in mind very early on and moved to make them.

This close season looks like the same and it seems as if he had been speaking to Watson and Whittaker for a while. Also it seems that he knew Nisbet was going and had guys lined up to sign once the Nisbet deal was done, which is why it they all happened on the same day. 

Also the wage bill will be way down due to the annual summer clear out, so he might be able to offer one or two guys a wee bit more. 

Remains to be seen what he can get them to do on the pitch, as there are still concerns over him as a manager, but he seems to be really good at getting signings done.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The common thought is that players will be forced to reduce their wages demands but I read an interview last week (can't remember who it was) where a manager was expressing his frustration at the continued unrealistic wages demands of players. I expect it could all be a bit of a stand off until the players get a reality check. 

McGlynn said exactly that in the bulletin.

One thing that might happen is that with a shortened season we end up running on an overall smaller squad. 

He done OK in the window last year but we still went into the season with Scully in goals, Andy Ryan as Nisbets strike partner and absolutely no cover out wide, we had a player called Coley who disappeared pretty quickly. 

As a squad its certainly looking stronger this year, as you say though the judgement is still out on him as a manager though. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

He done OK in the window last year but we still went into the season with Scully in goals, Andy Ryan as Nisbets strike partner and absolutely no cover out wide, we had a player called Coley who disappeared pretty quickly. 

As a squad its certainly looking stronger this year, as you say though the judgement is still out on him as a manager though. 

was he the guy who'd been through a decent sized English club youth system? I want to say Norwich but probably wrong...

1 hour ago, GFARAB82 said:

Is it this week we find out if we both keep our promotions brothers in arms? if so hopefully we can go back to the old days and send a couple of players on loan in the near future as an act of goodwill 

If you have a budding Johnny Russell, or even a David Goodwillie or Kevin Smith, that would be grand. 

28 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, renton said:
was he the guy who'd been through a decent sized English club youth system? I want to say Norwich but probably wrong...

He was on loan from Norwich. Not sure if he's still there or not.

You're bang on the money. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

I beleive he left them to join a team lower in the pyramid, had allot of pace and I thought he was OK but his game intelligence wasn't fantastic. 

Good luck for the court case thing. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If you have a budding Johnny Russell, or even a David Goodwillie or Kevin Smith, that would be grand. 

if we had one of those he'd have been in the team last season after Sow and Clark got hurt, we have got a young defender Neilson who could maybe do with some game time if not in our team out on loan for sure. Banks possibly might be sent out again 1st half of the season to the championship he was ripping it up at Cove.

Edited by GFARAB82

7 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

if we had one of those he'd have been in the team last season after Sow and Clark got hurt, we have got a young defender Neilson who could maybe do with some game time if not in our team out on loan for sure. Banks possibly might be sent out again 1st half of the season to the championship he was ripping it up at Cove.

It's hard to say what we'll need as we haven't announced who we are retaining yet due to this ongoing nonsense. We've lost almost all our forwards for one reason or another but other than probably central midfield we'll be hoping to improve the quality in all areas of the pitch I would guess. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's hard to say what we'll need as we haven't announced who we are retaining yet due to this ongoing nonsense. We've lost almost all our forwards for one reason or another but other than probably central midfield we'll be hoping to improve the quality in all areas of the pitch I would guess. 

same for a lot of clubs tbf we need width and central defenders ourselves and possibly even another full back and striker. The new manager however might feel a couple of frees, loans and the youth academy might be his policy its early in his reign to tell

2 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

Is it this week we find out if we both keep our promotions brothers in arms? if so hopefully we can go back to the old days and send a couple of players on loan in the near future as an act of goodwill 

Hopefully a couple of Johnny Russell’s that don’t get injured 

‪Rovers legend Shaun Dennis took charge of the club’s match against Partick Thistle as they searched for a new manager following the departure of Claude Anelka.‬

‪Raith began to show signs of improvement under new boss Gordon Dalziel as they picked up a point at home to Hamilton.‬

‪After a winless run of 11 games, Raith Rovers finally got their first three points of the season as they beat St. Johnstone 1-0 at Stark’s Park.‬

Hamilton match - conceding goals from direct free kicks isn't just unique to the last few years for us then.

St Johnstone match - noted the proper thuggery by the St Johnstone right back there. I doubt he ever amounted to anything... 

Hamilton match - conceding goals from direct free kicks isn't just unique to the last few years for us then.
St Johnstone match - noted the proper thuggery by the St Johnstone right back there. I doubt he ever amounted to anything... 

Would never entertain a player like that at Raith!

Thanks once again for all of your efforts @DanElderRRFC

I generally didn't watch the highlights programmes, so it's still a bit weird to see all these goals I've not seen since they happened. Or, in the case of Partick's first minute effort there, goals I missed altogether 'cause we were still getting a cup of tea.

Quality highlights again from Dan.

Didn’t know there would be any clips of the great Rudy Pussy [emoji23][emoji23].

Fucking hell how did he nearly spill that in like that [emoji23]

18 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

I hope you're right but imagine if someone had said four years ago, when Mckinnon was striking a deal with Stephen Thomson on his club mobile, that Rovers and Arabs fans would be having a wee love-in on a fans' forum and up in arms together about the despicable behaviour of another club's board and chairperson.