The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So are we all confident JMcG has got a list of players waiting in the wings for the arbitration to be over and ready to sign contracts?

From those who were in the squad last year that he wants to retain? Yes.

New players? Not so much.

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I suspect we'll be relying heavily on the loan system this season. 

Good job John McGlynn hasn’t been so reliant on Hearts for loans this time around...

Josh Meekings released by Dundee would anyone take him here? 

Definitely... we are going to be in the market for a decent centre half! Especially given that Bene is out of contract and Davo surely doesn’t have a championship season left in him. Not as a consistent first choice anyway.

I guess the power is with the clubs at the moment, there will be plenty players around and the season doesn't start for a few months yet.

It's not ideal, but I've got 100% trust in the manager to make the most of whatever situation falls our way. 

Completed agree mcglynn and smith will be busy talking to players who he wants to keep he will probably be taking to a load of players and players he can get on loan he will have his contacts managers will know how well he works with young players

Talk of an increase to six from four loans for this season. That would be excellent as McG has shown a knack for finding loan gems at League One level, so hopefully can continue at the Championship level. Given the recent travails and partnership, wondering if Dundee has any developing players that might not be Premiership ready yet and would loan them to Raith and Cove.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Definitely... we are going to be in the market for a decent centre half! Especially given that Bene is out of contract and Davo surely doesn’t have a championship season left in him. Not as a consistent first choice anyway.

Bene wants to stay.

Edited by Beachbum

Wouldn't be surprised to see almost all of our league winning squad re-signed (Baird, Ziggy, McLean and Victoria excepted).

So it looks like Bene will be here, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davo and Anderson back too, Miller might be back too but I'd love to see a better RB. I worry that McKay will be released as I get the feeling John and Paul don't rate him, especially given the way he was promptly dropped after being (IMO) the mom in games.

Midfield is pretty solid if Matthews is resigned but lacks width especially if Armstrong goes.

Strikers will be the main issue, Smith and Vaughan are good but we need depth.

I reckon Thommo will re-sign but hope there's another keeper coming in as competition, Jamie MacDonald or Danny Rogers would be ideal.

Hopefully by Friday we can see beyond this legal farce and more exciting news.

Edited by Scottydog

I hope you’re right Scottydog but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be a fair bit longer than that. My understanding is that they asked for all the tv contracts, communications etc regarding the vote etc and pencilled in Wednesday to start sifting through the details. If they need to call witnesses and such like, it could become fairly drawn out.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Talk of an increase to six from four loans for this season. That would be excellent as McG has shown a knack for finding loan gems at League One level, so hopefully can continue at the Championship level. Given the recent travails and partnership, wondering if Dundee has any developing players that might not be Premiership ready yet and would loan them to Raith and Cove.

Speculation abounds that this season will be a buyers market in respect of signings, loans conversely IMO won't come cheap.

The donor clubs will be tight for cash and won't let players away for next to nothing.

The common thought is that players will be forced to reduce their wages demands but I read an interview last week (can't remember who it was) where a manager was expressing his frustration at the continued unrealistic wages demands of players. I expect it could all be a bit of a stand off until the players get a reality check. 

I think the Pars have played a bit of a blinder here. I thought as soon as all this happened a club that was willing and able to splash the cash a bit could built a right good squad due to the amount of players looking for a club.

Is it this week we find out if we both keep our promotions brothers in arms? if so hopefully we can go back to the old days and send a couple of players on loan in the near future as an act of goodwill 

4 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Is it this week we find out if we both keep our promotions brothers in arms? if so hopefully we can go back to the old days and send a couple of players on loan in the near future as an act of goodwill 

Seen some folk on twitter suggest it might start on Wednesday.