The New Raith Rovers Thread

‪10 man Rovers held on to claim a point at Victoria Park after Ramón Pereira had cancelled out Jim Hamilton’s opener.‬

‪Paul Ritchie kept Inverness on track for the First Division title with his winner at Stark’s Park.‬

16 year old Craig O’Reilly scored on his debut to give Raith the point they needed to secure their First Division survival.‬

After his final match in charge, Raith Rovers manager Antonio Calderón spoke about his decision to leave the club before the impending takeover by Claude Anelka.

Guest Axle Grease
10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I ended up playing against Craig O’Reilly in a Sunday league in Edinburgh about 7/8 years ago. He was a fucking cock. 

He said you couldn't tackle a fish supper. 

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Went back and watched a few of the videos again. It is a bit sad actually looking at the South Stand in them and seeing quite visibly the loss in support from them until now. 

Yeah. I remember dead rubbers after we got relegated getting 1200 odd gates. Even a league cup tie on 9/11 got over 1k.

‪Five games into the 04/05 season, Claude Anelka’s Raith side were still looking for their first win following a 2-1 defeat by Ross County.‬

After trailing at half time, Falkirk blew Rovers away with four second half goals from Darryl Duffy and Andy Thomson.

‪After picking up only 1 point from 8 games, angry Raith Rovers fans gathered outside Stark’s Park to demand the removal of manager Claude Anelka.‬

5 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Wasn't that final Ayr game the one that the Raith chairman Mr Gray allegedly bet that we'd lose?

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. I think we played a team almost entirely made up of fringe and youth players. 

Yeah we played the youth team. Lloyd Young was about the closest to a senior player, as I remember.

We were safe, the mostly Spanish players that Calderon had brought in had already been told they weren't being kept, and weren't keen to play and risk injury. A bunch of them came over and joined us on the terracing instead.