The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, third lanark said:

What is obvious? There’s been no obvious point to your posts on the subject. Rather they appear to come across as confusing and muddled as to what point you are actually trying to make? Or maybe the point is you don’t have one

Partick Thistle, along with the other bottom placed sides based on a PPG scenario was the fairest way to conclude a season. 

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Queen of the south had not won a game since November- that was likely our best way of finishing bottom if the season had carried on.

our game in hand was against inverness whom was the only team we had a 100 per cent win record against this season 

FFS, then we should obviously take the results after everyone had played each opponent twice, if it’s that conclusive. Wait, what, the results are the same then....whoops.

Most of the money has been paid,  obviously the winners stand to earn more.
A few weeks ago on Spotsound the SPFL fixtures secretary stated that both teams have an appetite to conclude the competition.
He said that maybe it could be played prior to the league starting,  when reminded that a load of tickets had already been sold wouldn't it be better to  play it in front of fans?.
He reacted,  it could of course be played at any point in the season. 
It could be playing two years of the competition at the same time.

‪A large travelling support from Kilmarnock saw their side progress to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup with a 3-1 win against Raith Rovers.‬

Rovers won a share of the points with a controversial goal in Dumfries.

‪Raith’s defensive frailties were exposed at McDiarmid Park as St. Johnstone hit five against the Fifers.‬

That Gonzalez howler is still one of the worst things I've ever seen at a game. I remember in my youthful naivety thinking we had a good chance that day.

Vincent Talio was a great player though. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Partick Thistle, along with the other bottom placed sides based on a PPG scenario was the fairest way to conclude a season. 

Agreed.

Thistle and Hearts have absolutely no one to blame but ourselves/themselves. 

Teams were always going to be disadvantaged. Fairest way is to make it the teams that performed the worst.

5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Not at all. We wait and see.

Just to clarify, when Thistle lose the arbitration and are consigned to League 1 you will change your username to 3rd tier? Right?

Edited by Trogdor

d2b04f44-5d82-43e7-be22-ef515fd85fd3.thumb.jpg.54f7f8596c7fc5d7fae72ff2a99762bb.jpg 

Nice to see that Falkirk are still seething.

To be fair, your club is talking about sporting integrity when it went greeting to the SPFL about the importance of promotion and a 14 team top division then voted against it once your promotion was secured.

Now you want us to contribute to avoid you getting your comeuppance.

Sporting integrity of the SPFL my arse......[emoji16]

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

To be fair, your club is talking about sporting integrity when it went greeting to the SPFL about the importance of promotion and a 14 team top division then voted against it once your promotion was secured.

Sporting integrity of the SPFL my arse......emoji16.png

What did United and Cove do wrong? Did they both vote against reconstruction?

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sporting integrity of the SPFL my arse......emoji16.png

I think your feeble efforts on the pitch during the season were contribution enough really. 

What did United and Cove do wrong? Did they both vote against reconstruction?

I’ve stated previously on here that I’d rather see Raith Rovers promoted than a null and void scenario.
I’ve also stated that Hearts and Thistle deserve to be relegated as, on budget terms alone, they massively underperformed.
So no, those clubs throughly deserve promotion, but it’s a bit below the belt to ask a club who were denied promotion on an imbalance of fixtures, to support a club that supported a 14 team top league when it suited their needs, then showed no class in voting entirely the opposite....