The New Raith Rovers Thread

41 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t completely disagree with your point however, if it’s unfair to punish teams who ‘finished’ bottom by relegating them, surely it’s also unfair not to promote teams who ‘finished’ top.

81% of teams in the country voted in favour of the proposal, yet it’s ourselves, United and Cove that are being portrayed as some sort of pariah.

I'm pointing out why the Partick's gurning about the injustice of it all doesn't make sense: the decision that the SPFL came to was 100% correct IMO.

4 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

I think it’s fair to say hearts and partick were going down anyway. 
Hearts 4 wins in 30.

Partick didn’t have a win this year but are heavy moaning about a game in hand they’d have probably lost anyway.

Queen of the south had not won a game since November- that was likely our best way of finishing bottom if the season had carried on.

our game in hand was against inverness whom was the only team we had a 100 per cent win record against this season 

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Queen of the south had not won a game since November- that was likely our best way of finishing bottom if the season had carried on

Hadnt we? I must have imagined us beating Arbroath and Ayr in December then! I hope your legal case isnt based on this sort of 'fact'.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, kev23 said:

allowing for promotion and no relegation. (As said a million times)

How is that the most fair? If not enough of the season has been completed that we can relegate teams, how on earth can we promote them? Do we do it on how far ahead or behind teams are on a case by case basis? Eg we promote Cove, Dundee United and give Celtic the title. 

Relegate Brechin, Stranraer and Hearts? 

4 hours ago, JagsCG said:

, but which one, we’ll never actually know. 

We do know, you finished bottom. 

3 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Our excuse for not being 20 points clear is that our star player and goal scorer was injured 95% of the season, so it can’t be argued that we don’t deserve to go up finishing a point over Falkirk, who had a full strength side almost all season.

This is the most ridiculous logic I've ever seen. I 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't think the Rovers thread has had so many fans of other clubs commenting since the day we played Ryan Stevenson in goals.

It'll all die down and it'll just be Dunfermline fans calling Rovers a wee team in a few weeks x

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Queen of the south had not won a game since November- that was likely our best way of finishing bottom if the season had carried on.

our game in hand was against inverness whom was the only team we had a 100 per cent win record against this season 

We had a 100% win record against Partick before that final game, it doesn't mean shit. 

The liklihood is you wouldn't have won that game, any Partick fan making out differently is utterly at it. 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How is that the most fair? If not enough of the season has been completed that we can relegate teams, how on earth can we promote them? Do we do it on how far ahead or behind teams are on a case by case basis? Eg we promote Cove, Dundee United and give Celtic the title. 

Relegate Brechin, Stranraer and Hearts? 

We do know, you finished bottom. 

This is the most ridiculous logic I've ever seen. I 

It'll all die down and it'll just be Dunfermline fans calling Rovers a wee team in a few weeks x

We had a 100% win record against Partick before that final game, it doesn't mean shit. 

The liklihood is you wouldn't have won that game, any Partick fan making out differently is utterly at it. 

The reality is we will never know if we would have won that game. Your no wiser to say we would have lost than I am to say we would win. 

Edited by third lanark

11 minutes ago, third lanark said:

The reality is we will never know if we would have won that game. Your no wiser to say we would have lost than I am to say we would win. 

Of course not. 

But the extreme likelihood is you wouldn't have, trying to make out you were done more unfairly because you're game in hand was against Inverness is nonsense. 

Dunfermline didn't lose at Parkhead in 90 minutes last season, I sure as shite wouldn't have wanted to play Celtic away as the game to stop us getting relegated though. 

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Of course not. 

But the extreme likelihood is you wouldn't have, trying to make out you were done more unfairly because you're game in hand was against Inverness is nonsense. 

Dunfermline didn't lose at Parkhead in 90 minutes last season, I sure as shite wouldn't have wanted to play Celtic away as the game to stop us getting relegated though. 

The extreme likelihood is that you dont know as simple as that.  We didnt have to play Celtic so not really relevant and were not even in the same division as them.

When will the Partick "but we had a game in hand" and Falkirk "we were only a point behind" lines be put to rest? The league positions were decided on a PPG basis, not the positions at the end of play.

35 minutes ago, third lanark said:

The extreme likelihood is that you dont know as simple as that.  We didnt have to play Celtic so not really relevant and were not even in the same division as them.

Cool, then will Partick fans stop with the "We wur pur playin a team wuv never lost 2" stick? Or are you going to keep trotting that out to help the feeling of deep injustice? 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Cool, then will Partick fans stop with the "We wur pur playin a team wuv never lost 2" stick? Or are you going to keep trotting that out to help the feeling of deep injustice? 

What a very strange point?  I have no idea whether every Partick Thistle supporter is going to keep saying that or not

You realise if Hearts/Partick get awarded compensation it won't be a lump sum getting taking straight out every other clubs bank accounts dont you?
The compensation would be deducted from the prize money pot due at the seasons end, and might even be spread over a season or two. 
Theyll effectively be losing money themselves to pay for it.

The arbitration if found in their favour will decide timing of payments and source of penalty - you have no basis for your view.
- just conjecture on your part I am afraid( by the way hope it doesn’t come to that just think this matter could if been handled better and a fairer balanced solution.)

Think about what you also said- they will “ be losing themselves to pay for it”!. Forgive me if hypothetically they are awarded a £1m- don’t think they will worry that they will in effect pay a very small % as a championship team from their winnings in order to receive a much larger amount- simple Arithmetic......

53 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

You are an idiot.

Wow. 

42 minutes ago, third lanark said:

What a very strange point?  I have no idea whether every Partick Thistle supporter is going to keep saying that or not

Oh no it's absolutely obvious you are, despite the logic which "no one knows what would've happened" so implying you would've won, is ridiculous. 

As such the fairest way was to do a PPG, so get doon. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wow. 

Oh no it's absolutely obvious you are, despite the logic which "no one knows what would've happened" so implying you would've won, is ridiculous. 

As such the fairest way was to do a PPG, so get doon. 

What is obvious? There’s been no obvious point to your posts on the subject. Rather they appear to come across as confusing and muddled as to what point you are actually trying to make? Or maybe the point is you don’t have one