The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Anything less than 2million and we take it back to court and serve an interdict to stop football  starting.

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Sweating are we? Lol.

I’d be sweating if my club was going to bite the hand that feeds it if it doesn’t get compensation. The spfl will boot you both out of the league for stopping the cash flow for themselves and the other 40 clubs and then the interdict wouldn’t be binding since you’re not in the league anymore. 😁

3 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

I’d be sweating if my club was going to bite the hand that feeds it if it doesn’t get compensation. The spfl will boot you both out of the league for stopping the cash flow for themselves and the other 40 clubs and then the interdict wouldn’t be binding since you’re not in the league anymore. 😁

You dont half like being in lala land. 

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Genuine question not having a dig - Chances for what? What is Raith’s aim? 

To safe guard our future we have already started planning for championship football so that’s our aIm to defend our right for promotion after the resolution was passed if it wasn’t we would be planning/ investing in League 1 next year , I have no issue if the resolution didn’t get passed it’s the fact it did now we are away down the line and we don’t know what league we will be in. The fact we have already raised 100k via supporters contributions due to the COVID and now unfairly we have been dragged into court action but it’s ironic the club it’s going to suffer the most his Hearts , yet they pay compensation for Neilson and sign Craig Gordon so far not bad for a club at the brink
Think Partick is the most disadvantaged out the 3 because Hearts have been poor all season and Stranraer have been the same but stranraer have 200k to fall back on after their cup tie with rangers and I’m sure weren’t shelling out wages at the end of the season due to the whole squad out of contract.

I feel sorry for all the clubs involved yet the SPFL have sat back and watched civil war break out and done nothing sad sad times

‪Rovers kept their first clean sheet in eleven matches to earn a point at Broadwood.‬

Despite falling a goal behind, league leaders Inverness ran out comfortable winners at Stark’s Park.

‪Raith kicked off 2004 with a win against Falkirk thanks to goals from John Sutton and Craig Stanley.‬

18 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Rovers kept their first clean sheet in eleven matches to earn a point at Broadwood.‬

Despite falling a goal behind, league leaders Inverness ran out comfortable winners at Stark’s Park.

‪Raith kicked off 2004 with a win against Falkirk thanks to goals from John Sutton and Craig Stanley.‬

That New Year game against Falkirk, I decided it would be a good idea to buy a half bottle of whisky on the way along Links Street. Smuggled it in and had Irish Coffee all game. Burst. I think that could be me at the foot of the stairs when Craig Stanley runs up after the scoring.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

My! My! Rovers fans really are a sensitive bunch. Bricking their administration no doubt.

Says a fan of a team that will be part time in a couple of seasons 

8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The sooner we get our £2 million and settle into League 1 the better.

If I was Doncaster I’d tell Hearts and Partick to f**k off and start their own league. That would teach them.

Edited by Scary Bear

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Read the interview with Bill Clark, surprised at the 50:50 comment. 

I like Clark, he, as far as I can dimly tell, runs the club well enough on a day to day basis. Importantly I think he has the right instincts when it comes to looking after the club employees and playing staff and with community engagement and openess.

Having said that he can be quite a muddled communicator at times and often lacking in nuance (though still better than the club's de facto owner, John Sim) as seen with some of his statements in these last few months. I don't think his 50:50 comment makes a whole load of sense. I think he's saying he doesn't know which way it'll go which is fair enough, but I dont think trying to append any ststistical chance to it is really useful.

Edited by renton

To safe guard our future we have already started planning for championship football so that’s our aIm to defend our right for promotion after the resolution was passed if it wasn’t we would be planning/ investing in League 1 next year , I have no issue if the resolution didn’t get passed it’s the fact it did now we are away down the line and we don’t know what league we will be in. The fact we have already raised 100k via supporters contributions due to the COVID and now unfairly we have been dragged into court action but it’s ironic the club it’s going to suffer the most his Hearts , yet they pay compensation for Neilson and sign Craig Gordon so far not bad for a club at the brink
Think Partick is the most disadvantaged out the 3 because Hearts have been poor all season and Stranraer have been the same but stranraer have 200k to fall back on after their cup tie with rangers and I’m sure weren’t shelling out wages at the end of the season due to the whole squad out of contract.
I feel sorry for all the clubs involved yet the SPFL have sat back and watched civil war break out and done nothing sad sad times

Tbf- all 3 teams have been dreadful this season... but as I have said before should not of been relegated- Best solution in unprecedented time was promotion only- an additional 2 teams in the league. With talk of compensation from SPL- wonder if clubs on reflection would change their minds. I know hypothetical now , but if they had a choice between reconstruction of 2 extra teams or payment from SPFl ( ie the clubs) to the 3 relegated teams- would their have been a different vote?Some of the numbers flying around here are frightening- nobody knows what number , if any, will be decided at arbitration- but their some level of risk that clubs must find unwelcome-As i say hypothetical- chaos- very sad