The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

Good post but not sure you can say Thistle would likely have got relegated. We can all say both them and Hearts were absolutely awful (they were) but so were eg Queen of the South who were only one point ahead having played a game more and having lost a game more. I know you know this but suggesting they were likely to go down anyway misses the point of their argument.

Well I didn't see Queens but I did see Thistle. And they were worse than most of League 1 last season, and won a collective total of zero league games in 2020. 

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well I didn't see Queens but I did see Thistle. And they were worse than most of League 1 last season, and won a collective total of zero league games in 2020. 

Yep. We were honking, but yeah, we were still hanging in there because QOS were actually performing worse than us from January. 

No sympathy, you chose not to vote for reconstruction knowing full well Hearts and Partick would go to court. Raith were only interested in Raith with no consideration for Falkirk or other clubs that missed out on promotion. Self interest at its best. 

Even if we'd voted for reconstruction we'd still be in this position. Moreover, Ann Budge's litigious streak was not an ample reason to vote for reconstruction, particularly after her first plan that did nothing but serve Hearts' interests did not proceed. 

Hearts and Partick could of course have followed the League's procedures, which would've saved everyone the hassle of court. You can't really legislate for that. 

As for the compensation demands, the figures demanded by both parties is utterly laughable and I don't think they'll get near what they want, if they are indeed awarded compensation.

Crowd funding the legal fees does however sit badly with me. The fans have given enough already and we're approaching pisstake territory here I'm afraid. 

4 minutes ago, lobo said:

No sympathy, you chose not to vote for reconstruction knowing full well Hearts and Partick would go to court. Raith were only interested in Raith with no consideration for Falkirk or other clubs that missed out on promotion. Self interest at its best. 

:bairn

5 minutes ago, lobo said:

Except if we had voted for reconstruction, we'd still be in court. 11-1 voting on the Premier League would see to that. 

Hearts and Partick voting in favour of reconstruction was also in line with their own self-interest, so that one cuts both ways. Similarly with Falkirk, who were not in an automatic promotion position, stood to benefit from it too. More self-interest. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Even if we'd voted for reconstruction we'd still be in this position. Moreover, Ann Budge's litigious streak was not an ample reason to vote for reconstruction, particularly after her first plan that did nothing but serve Hearts' interests did not proceed. 

Hearts and Partick could of course have followed the League's procedures, which would've saved everyone the hassle of court. You can't really legislate for that. 

As for the compensation demands, the figures demanded by both parties is utterly laughable and I don't think they'll get near what they want, if they are indeed awarded compensation.

Crowd funding the legal fees does however sit badly with me. The fans have given enough already and we're approaching pisstake territory here I'm afraid. 

Yeah, this additional crowdfunding is a step too far for me I'm afraid. I would guess most Rovers fans who can afford it will have provided some additional support over the last few months and/or bought one of the new tops. There's also season tickets likely to be put up on sale soon. 

I know that all three clubs are sticking by and large to the same wording but it would also have been nice if our statement acknowledged the not insignificant amount of money already raised by our supporters. 

37 minutes ago, lobo said:

Would it have mattered if we had voted for the reconstruction? Every club voted in their self interest. Any other club would have done the same in our position. We aren’t unique here. 

28 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, in fairness neither did Hearts, their last 14-10-10-10 proposal would've left Falkirk on League 1 anyway.

Falkirk would’ve been promoted through 14-10-10-10? 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Falkirk would’ve been promoted through 14-10-10-10? 

Aye they would, my bad (shanky arithmetic being blamed on tiredness due to 2 year old toddler blasting around all day, every day thanks to Locldown)

Edited by renton

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Me personally, or my bucket-rattling club, or both? Please be very specific. 🧐

It's not even specifically Raith Rovers, all 3 clubs can jointly get fucked. 

I've no idea how, or why they'd think fans of other clubs would chip in to help out. 

59 minutes ago, lobo said:

Are you suggesting we should allow Hearts to blackmail the league? This argument of 'you should have just voted for reconstruction cause you knew this would happen' is ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's not even specifically Raith Rovers, all 3 clubs can jointly get fucked. 

I've no idea how, or why they'd think fans of other clubs would chip in to help out. 

I guess they are trying to go down the route of "look how much money we will all have to pay if Hearts and Partick win". But I don't like it, nor do I think it will work. 

26 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I guess they are trying to go down the route of "look how much money we will all have to pay if Hearts and Partick win". But I don't like it, nor do I think it will work. 

Both are totally at it, though. Partick wanting £2m for Championship - L1 relegation is a pisstake. The income drop is perhaps a fifth of that. 

Hearts are similarly at it, albeit I have no reference point for the income drop. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a similar ratio. 

It wouldn’t be inconceivable for 4,000 Utd fans, 2,000 Raith fans and 1,000 Cove fans to all chip a tenner in. That would raise 70k and almost half the top end forecasted cost.

I don’t think it’s as bad as some people seem to think it is.