The New Raith Rovers Thread

So if in your everyday life, someone made a throwaway joke about a women driver, would you tell them it’s a disgrace rather than just shrugging it off? I’m interested to know whether you are genuinely offended by things like that or if you just do it for likes online.

You’re comparing apples and oranges. This isn’t a throwaway ‘joke’ made in everyday conversation. It’s a thought out comment, saying that all women have no place in working within the senior management of football clubs. Do you not understand how backwards and outdated that is?

Also, if you’re hanging about with folk who are making female driver jokes, I’d advise you get some pals without tragic patter.

Stevo and Hank, do you guys really get wound up by comments about women in football to the point you’re asking for an apology etc? Surely you just scroll past stuff like that?

Nah, don’t get wound up to be fair, it was more meant as a bit of fatherly advice to a guy who appears to be young and a bit naive.

He posted it on the Hearts thread where a few hearts fans were being total roasters and it brought attention to a Raith fan being a roaster which is never a good thing.

I’m definitely not a ‘woke’ everything is offensive type but you’ve got to know your audience.

9 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

After guiding Raith Rovers to the Second Division title, manager Antonio Calderon reflected on the achievement and looked ahead to the challenge of playing in the First Division.

‪John Sutton scored his first senior hatrick as Rovers cruised to a 3-0 victory at Glebe Park.‬

‪A second half header by Shaun Dennis won Raith a share of the points against Ayr United.‬

A young Iain Davidson turning out for Brechin in the second video. 

You’re comparing apples and oranges. This isn’t a throwaway ‘joke’ made in everyday conversation. It’s a thought out comment, saying that all women have no place in working within the senior management of football clubs. Do you not understand how backwards and outdated that is?

Also, if you’re hanging about with folk who are making female driver jokes, I’d advise you get some pals without tragic patter.

It’s hardly apples and oranges, both are examples of chauvinist comments. I also notice you didn’t answer the question.

Stevo and Hank, do you guys really get wound up by comments about women in football to the point you’re asking for an apology etc? Surely you just scroll past stuff like that?

It’s the all too precious virtue points they receive whilst being erm.....virtuous. It’s all so Progressive.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s the all too precious virtue points they receive whilst being erm.....virtuous. It’s all so Progressive.

Aye, it's awfy terrible and tiresome, all these people trying not to be c***s their whole lives, eh?

After guiding Raith Rovers to the Second Division title, manager Antonio Calderon reflected on the achievement and looked ahead to the challenge of playing in the First Division.

Great to see Andy Ticklefeet get some airtime.

Aye, it's awfy terrible and tiresome, all these people trying not to be c***s their whole lives, eh?

But who’s acting like c***s though? Just because some people don’t hold the same woke values as the loud minority on this thread don’t deserve the vitriol they receive. Maybe some people aren’t as fragile as you and not take offence. I’ve never been sexist or racist or any ‘ist, ism or phobe you love launching on people for having different views. Just scroll past it and get on with your life.

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

But who’s acting like c***s though? 

The Rovers fan further up the page, and you. 

Happy to help. 

Fair play to Hank and the other rovers fan for calling out a c**t. 

Edited by Grant228

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

But who’s acting like c***s though? Just because some people don’t hold the same woke values as the loud minority on this thread don’t deserve the vitriol they receive. Maybe some people aren’t as fragile as you and not take offence. I’ve never been sexist or racist or any ‘ist, ism or phobe you love launching on people for having different views. Just scroll past it and get on with your life.

It's not the bleeding edge of woke ideology to suggest that women are as capable of men in running a business for fucksakes.

And it's nothing to do with fragility, it's a shitty worldview that needs challenged for everyone's sakes (and actually it's so fucking telling that you equate that challenge to some perceived "fragility")

Edited by renton

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That game at Brechin was the angriest I've ever seen a manager. I'm sure Campbell started jumping up and down on his bunnet like a cartoon character at one point. 

It was priceless. 

We had our share of simulators at that time, but the two challenges by Derek Clark were utterly ridiculous. No idea whatsoever how Campbell felt hard done by. 

My fear is all these court cases and perceived injustices towards Hearts and Partick worry me. We don’t have the money to keep fighting, this will hit us hard financially. If these clubs lose their cases what happens to said clubs?

18 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

My fear is all these court cases and perceived injustices towards Hearts and Partick worry me. We don’t have the money to keep fighting, this will hit us hard financially. If these clubs lose their cases what happens to said clubs?

They're relegated. 

I think the costs were publicised? Unwelcome but far from existential. 

Hearts don't have a case against the league, far less us, and we would have a more valid claim for compensation if denied a promotion already awarded: so it's nothing to be too concerned about.

That Brechin game was fantastic and remains one of my favourite away games. Comfortable win, hat-trick, red card, a near miss from Gonzalez and Dick Campbell losing the rag and chucking his bunnet away. Classic. 

I do seem to recall this being the only game I've ever been at where I thought the referee favoured us. The red card you can have no complaints about, but we did seem to get all the calls. Surprised it didn't make the highlights but Brechin had a goal disallowed in the first half which was a very dubious offside call. Late flag after the Raith fans at the side (including myself) were screaming offside at the linesman more hopefully than anything else.