The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

My fear is all these court cases and perceived injustices towards Hearts and Partick worry me. We don’t have the money to keep fighting, this will hit us hard financially. If these clubs lose their cases what happens to said clubs?

It is entirely possible that the arbitration results will include some provision for the SFA or SPFL to pay for the costs incurred with regard to the litigation, not assured, but possible. That is especially true of the case if the promotions and relegations are upheld. I could also see the SPFL voting to pay those fees for DundeeU, Raith and Cove, roughly 39-3.

‪Raith had Antonio Calderón and Shaun Dennis sent off in a highly charged encounter with Falkirk at Stark’s Park.‬

Rovers climbed up to third place in the First Divison table with a 2-0 win at Palmerston Park.

A terrific volley by Antonio Calderón gave Raith Rovers the three points against St. Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5777316/raith-rovers-promotion-legal-battle-bust/

Raith in danger of going bust as a result of having to defend themselves for being promoted.  Scottish football at its best.

I reluctantly clicked on that and am so fucking glad I did.

In the 'Promoted Stories' section I've managed to snag a 50+ desperate housewife in my area.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I reluctantly clicked on that and am so fucking glad I did.

In the 'Promoted Stories' section I've managed to snag a 50+ desperate housewife in my area.

Careful, might be Ms. Budge trolling for boy toys, eh? Wait, was that inappropriate or not, I’m a little confused now because it would be attributing to her freedom of choice and a willingness to be unshackled from society’s views while also potentially reducing her to a sex hungry housewife...

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Careful, might be Ms. Budge trolling for boy toys, eh? Wait, was that inappropriate or not, I’m a little confused now because it would be attributing to her freedom of choice and a willingness to be unshackled from society’s views while also potentially reducing her to a sex hungry housewife...

No thanks.

Ms. Budge is the type if you asked  her to go down she'd drag the fucking arse out of it until you lost interest.

There is no fucking danger of us going bust on the back of splitting a 25k court bill. Suspect whoever the "Raith Chiefs" who sourced the article are laying it on thick.

So Rovers are on the brink, yet also "Not willing to put the clubs future in jeopardy" 
That said, a long legal battle and ending back up in League 1 would be a total disaster. 
We're represented by the spfl lawyer even if we did back out of putting our own lawyer onto the case. It's a complete non event.

I can't see why there would be a long legal battle here - the point of the SFA arbitration is to avoid that. And anyway, there is absolutely no requirement for Raith to have legal representation here - that was entirely the choice of the three promoted clubs, and it didn't really pay off given that they lost their own case.