The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

We shat the bed that day, no doubt about it. Andy McNeil was shaking like a leaf whenever anything came his way, the formation and team selection was bizarre and it didn’t pay off. We punched well above our weight all season and fell short when it mattered. I knew when we drew with Cowdenbeath and you lot beat Ross County with a late goal that we had blown it.

I was shaking like a leaf whenever anything came his way as well. 

I would honestly have substituted him after about 20 minutes that day.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Looking forward to having the derbies back, hopefully for a few years at least. Been pretty few and far between in the last few years.

Hopefully these games can live up to the ferocious exciting encounters with Alloa at Christmas we've encountered the last couple years. 

IMG_6220.JPG

I was shaking like a leaf whenever anything came his way as well. 
I would honestly have substituted him after about 20 minutes that day.

I’d have subbed him at half time. His nervousness filtered through to everyone in front of him, and we played deeper and deeper as a consequence.

Boy in the pub afterwards blamed McGurn for the two we conceded. He actually thought he had been subbed, when all that had happened was that McNeil had changed his top at the interval.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

I was going to suggest that shows how much football has changed in even ten years as there’s absolutely no way that doesn’t get a red card these days. But I remember being fizzing at the time too. Absolutely insane that he didn’t get sent off.

I’m sure it was the game Simmons got sent off in the first half for diving but we made a good fight of it with ten men. A late Pars winner suckered us though.

Looking forward to having the derbies back, hopefully for a few years at least. Been pretty few and far between in the last few years.

The decision to only give a yellow card seemed to take forever aswell, the time in between had seen the Raith suppport go reasonably quiet as they awaited the inevitable red card, when the yellow card came out though... 

Definitely got away with one that time. 

Love the Fife derbies, hopefully we at least get one with the fans at, with how long it's been, and with this lockdown I could see it being a sellout at Starks if the the fixture list is kind. 

20 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’d have subbed him at half time. His nervousness filtered through to everyone in front of him, and we played deeper and deeper as a consequence.

Boy in the pub afterwards blamed McGurn for the two we conceded. He actually thought he had been subbed, when all that had happened was that McNeil had changed his top at the interval.

Didn’t help that McNeil couldn’t kick the ball up to the half way line! Sometimes not even off the ground!! 

That game could have been so much different also if Tade buried his chance. Then McGlynn’s tactics would have been like visionary or something. 

But anyway, here we are back in the same league (well depending on this court case pish ) Just a pity it’s not the Premier. 

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Home shirts sold out unless you’re tiny or huge? How can they be sold out from a pre order emoji23.png surely they’ve not ordered them yet.

Probably minimum order on each size. :oops Hopefully another " pre order batch" is on it's way. :thumsup2

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

anyone heard anything from Edinburgh?

Yeah the Zoo is reopening and Muirhouse is being regenerated. 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

There was an incident in the first half where he came to catch an over hit cross and it sailed right through his hands, going narrowly wide.

Had he not made a similar howler in the weeks before, but it resulted in a goal?

7 hours ago, Paco said:

I was going to suggest that shows how much football has changed in even ten years as there’s absolutely no way that doesn’t get a red card these days. But I remember being fizzing at the time too. Absolutely insane that he didn’t get sent off.

I’m sure it was the game Simmons got sent off in the first half for diving but we made a good fight of it with ten men. A late Pars winner suckered us though.

The simmons dive happened in another game (pretty sure 12-13) you played the 2nd half with 9 after hill tried to strangle falkingham (a bookable offence apparently)  you hang on in and I remember being nervous that we somehow f**k being ahead against 9 men until very late on when husband scored to secure the win. 

The Fleming incident was incredible. It’s one of 2 occasions which I remember shock in the crowd immediately after the challenge, there was no thought on who either player played for or the rights and wrongs of the challenge, just a general ‘oh you fucker that’s some impact). Obvious that didn’t last more than a couple of seconds but the delay between fans seeing what they witnessed and comprehending it before they reacted in typical fashion is rare.  Even leg breaks or serious concussions I’ve seen were immediately reacted based on tribal lines with thoughts of the player coming  after.

Edited by parsforlife

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

In less serious Fife derbies does anyone remember Fleming booting Tade into orbit? I would say its the most fuming I've seen a support at a decision. 

Happens about 40 seconds in. 

7 hours ago, Paco said:

I don't remember that. No idea if I was at that game or not.

But it reminds me a bit of Marvin Andrews cleaning out Steven Bell in equally brutal fashion on virtually the same spot of turf a couple of seasons earlier.

I don't remember that. No idea if I was at that game or not.
But it reminds me a bit of Marvin Andrews cleaning out Steven Bell in equally brutal fashion on virtually the same spot of turf a couple of seasons earlier.
It was God's will.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There was an incident in the first half where he came to catch an over hit cross and it sailed right through his hands, going narrowly wide.

Had he not made a similar howler in the weeks before, but it resulted in a goal?

I think he cost us a goal with a howler in a 2-2 draw at home to Cowdenbeath a couple of weeks previously. 

As well as the cross that almost went in there was another incident in the first half where he was rooted to the spot while a seemingly harmless long ball was allowed to drift just past the post. I can't remember what came first but it was obvious after the second one that his nerve had gone completely. 

I’m sure he made an arse of a big long ball which was over hit - it had been pissing of rain pre-game and the ball skidded off the turf right over his head and hit the bar I’m sure.