The New Raith Rovers Thread

‪Jay Stein put Rovers in front from the penalty spot before another double by Nacho Novo sealed the points against 10 man St. Mirren.‬

‪Clyde came out on top against Raith Rovers in an end to end match at Broadwood.‬

Raith had a strong claim for a penalty turned down as they lost to Falkirk at Brockville.

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Oh here's another reminder for you of the joys of playing us.

s of playing us. Stay safe.

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Hope your right about the crowds but here's a wee reminder for you.

t here's a wee reminder for you and your fellow supporters. Stay safe.

Could lose every Fife Derby for the next millennium and I doubt one will be as significant as this. 

1536141559_images(1).jpeg.553c2aa37f970cb564ae36d683ebca1b.jpeg

I can't remember what round of the Scottish Cup it was that we get knocked out off tbh. 

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Could lose every Fife Derby for the next millennium and I doubt one will be as significant as this. 

1536141559_images(1).jpeg.553c2aa37f970cb564ae36d683ebca1b.jpeg

I can't remember what round of the Scottish Cup it was that we get knocked out off tbh. 

I wish our board risked liquidation to win a league title. 😔

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Just a reminder that Martin Hardie climbed a drainpipe to spy on his ex and was given a restraining order by the court. Must be shite idolising a total creep.

246696985_HeartsJohnMcGlynn.thumb.jpeg.1e4ab80c1c8be987ced2661743ab8fe3.jpeg

Wearing a tie with a tracksuit is just as bad IMO. 

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I wish our board risked liquidation to win a league title. 😔

Going by how much it still hurts, I have absolutely no doubt you're being serious. 

If you ever want to know what it was like to win the biggest Fife Derby, just give us a shout lads. 

IMG_0501_2006.thumb.jpeg.1131ebc34f152f77292d010ac73a7570.jpeg

I'm sure if I ever ponder what it's like to win some early round Scottish Cup game the Rovers support will have a good tale. 

7 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Like Clyde fans with goodwillie 🤣

Goodwillie didn't score 2 goals in the second half of a championship deciding  Derby game, including sinking a free kick from 30 yards, he's had a good career but I don't remember him doing that for Clyde. 

1255986298_010288_961254100.jpg.b6f666b5cb500ec15bf8fc343d36b373.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a13419449.JPG.gallery.jpg.36f94bbffdbb18a03d8c9490ad3e2d47.jpg

EVFUI4fWsAEVR41.thumb.jpg.fb86c751505eb171a106ea5d1592b4e9.jpg

A reminder that John McGlynn was in charge of Raith Rovers that said and he had dropped McGurn for the run in and played Simmons at left midfield in said game. Absolute bottlejob. 

Edited by Grant228

Some fuckin' season that for both clubs though. As tense an dramatic as it gets right up to the last couple games. Twists and turns every week just about. Easily my favourite season following the Pars and a great advert for Fife teams. 

Aye but was Walker not quite good that season? He seemed to tail off pretty dramatically but I'm sure he was very dece that season. 

He was good but he was a centre mid. We played that game against you with 4 central midfielders [emoji31]

3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

He was good but he was a centre mid. We played that game against you with 4 central midfielders emoji31.png

Being serious for a moment but I have no idea what happened to McGlynn in that run in, he'd obviously won the title with Rovers a couple of seasons before so it wasn't like he wasn't experienced in such things, IIRC the Rovers form was imperious in the last 10 games when they won the old 2nd division. I mean the Raith side didn't have allot of width that year but they'd never played that narrow against us. I'm sure Iain Williamson played out on the right when we got beat twice at starks while Scott McBride? Played against us at EEP and got McGregor sent off. 

I suppose a narrow, hard working midfield wasn't that different to what McGlynn normally put out, but the real head scratcher was McNeil. Just really odd. 

In less serious Fife derbies does anyone remember Fleming booting Tade into orbit? I would say its the most fuming I've seen a support at a decision. 

Happens about 40 seconds in. 

A bit late to the topic, but I would’ve had Watson back in a heartbeat. By all accounts he was pretty good at Utd last season (my mate is a Utd fan, and was surprised that he didn’t get offered an extension). Him, Bene & SAndo at centre half would have been excellent

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Being serious for a moment but I have no idea what happened to McGlynn in that run in, he'd obviously won the title with Rovers a couple of seasons before so it wasn't like he wasn't experienced in such things, IIRC the Rovers form was imperious in the last 10 games when they won the old 2nd division. I mean the Raith side didn't have allot of width that year but they'd never played that narrow against us. I'm sure Iain Williamson played out on the right when we got beat twice at starks while Scott McBride? Played against us at EEP and got McGregor sent off. 

I suppose a narrow, hard working midfield wasn't that different to what McGlynn normally put out, but the real head scratcher was McNeil. Just really odd. 

In less serious Fife derbies does anyone remember Fleming booting Tade into orbit? I would say its the most fuming I've seen a support at a decision. 

Just ran out of steam that season.  Didn't expect to be in a title race at all, and I'm sure Mcglynn himself didn't.  Championship was a huge step up from League 1, and really our squad wasn't hugely different from the team who had won the league below 2 years previous.  In hindsight, just weren't good enough to get over the line.  That said, regardless of who Dunfermline signed etc, we were in a really good position until the end of March and had chances to pull a bit clear.  Just the way it goes.  Pressure seemed to get to Mcglynn as the run in went on, just one of those things.  Best team won the league in the end.  That said the team selection was a bit of a horror show.  

The build up to that derby was immense and it was a huge occasion - doubt we will see a Fife derby of that magnitude ever again.  

We shat the bed that day, no doubt about it. Andy McNeil was shaking like a leaf whenever anything came his way, the formation and team selection was bizarre and it didn’t pay off. We punched well above our weight all season and fell short when it mattered. I knew when we drew with Cowdenbeath and you lot beat Ross County with a late goal that we had blown it.

I was going to suggest that shows how much football has changed in even ten years as there’s absolutely no way that doesn’t get a red card these days. But I remember being fizzing at the time too. Absolutely insane that he didn’t get sent off.

I’m sure it was the game Simmons got sent off in the first half for diving but we made a good fight of it with ten men. A late Pars winner suckered us though.

Looking forward to having the derbies back, hopefully for a few years at least. Been pretty few and far between in the last few years.