The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Literally anyone

Everyone is still on furlough. Most clubs in the lower leagues will be. Plus, we still have some uncertainty as to what league we will be playing in. We shouldn't be making any moves right now.

18 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

If Dunfermline can release 17 boys and bring in two players who, will be on huge wages for this level, why can’t we?

Watson is a bang average championship player, there's no chance he's on huge wages. 

Whittaker is player coach so again that might not all be from the player budget. 

3 hours ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Literally anyone

🙂....mibbees aye, mibbees naw!! 

One of my nephews is a big Hibbee fan, tells me that Jamie Gullan could be coming back to us!!

Jack Ross must not have JG in his plans.............can only hope it's true.

Great signings for the pars....LOL!

Ex-Rovers defenders Watson & Murray as main centre back partnership, meh! decent enough but  know them both and know their weaknesses. Vaughan will run at Murray, Murray will backpeddle and Vaughan will score. Watson was fairly pish at Falkirk 3 seasons ago, I'd doubt he'll have improved massively.   Murray is made of chocolate these days and will be injured for about a third of the season and his stand in Whittiker is past it.  Give me McKay & Bene over that pair of haddies any day.

Scott Crabbe, Jay Stein and Nacho Novo were on the scoresheet as Raith Rovers hammered Falkirk at Stark’s Park.

‪Scott Crabbe curled in a stunning free kick and Nacho Novo bagged a brace as Rovers came from behind to beat Arbroath.‬

‪It was a disastrous midweek trip to the Highlands for Raith as Inverness hit five against the Fifers.‬