The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I was right in line with him as he hit it. Some goal.

Sigh.

That's why yer pit on earth!

To witness glorious moments just like that.😉🥵

Edited by embow

Apparently Anne Budge has taken the £2m we received from the Pars for Nisbet into account when calculating a figure to sue us in court for - hence the £8m total. 
So I heard anyway. 

Using the Seville calculator

‪Rovers kept their promotion hopes alive with a win against Airdrie at Stark’s Park.‬

‪Raith Rovers made it four wins in a row with a 2-0 victory over Inverness.‬

‪In a close match at Brockville, Falkirk beat Raith to keep themselves ahead of the Fifers in third place.‬

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Hertz clearly not short of cash having just paid Neilson's contract to take him back to Tynecastle.

Makes you wonder if Neilson thinks Hearts rather than United will be in the Premier league next season. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Makes you wonder if Neilson thinks Hearts rather than United will be in the Premier league next season. 

“Finally, I’d like to say thank you to Dundee United for the opportunity they gave me two years ago. I hope the United fans feel that together we managed to restore the club back to where it belongs.”

10 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Rovers kept their promotion hopes alive with a win against Airdrie at Stark’s Park.‬

‪Raith Rovers made it four wins in a row with a 2-0 victory over Inverness.‬

‪In a close match at Brockville, Falkirk beat Raith to keep themselves ahead of the Fifers in third place.‬

That game at Brockville :(

We hadn't been to a game in years, as my Dad was playing amateurs on a Saturday but we ended going at the last minute. I remember the atmosphere was immense that day, I absolutely loved that stadium and we always seemed to take a good support through. 

Inflatable seats were a good laugh though. 

My recollection of that game was of Agathe? getting the ball in the opening minute and dropping a shoulder to go around his man. The Falkirk defender read it and dispossessed him, Agathe shrugged his shoulders and promptly gave up, we'd have been as well subbing him right then, he clearly knew he was off (to Hibs) and did very little (by his standards) all game.

I'd forgotten about Tall Pish's horror tackle until I saw it again, what a shocker!

My redeeming memory of Brockville was seeing a dead bird on the terrace as I ducked under one of the leaning bars, losing my footing and doing that horrible, uncontrolled panic run until I crashed into the back of some poor felly. 

Poor boy must have thought he was getting jumped. 

31 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

My redeeming memory of Brockville was seeing a dead bird on the terrace as I ducked under one of the leaning bars, losing my footing and doing that horrible, uncontrolled panic run until I crashed into the back of some poor felly. 

Poor boy must have thought he was getting jumped. 

Your footwork always has been suspect, bit like your tea pouring skills! ;)

10 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Was there a game at brockville in the mid/late-nineties where someone (Sinky maybe?) caught the ball on the goal line and got sent off?
Or did I make that up?

Sinky? Sent off? 

Wash your mouth out. 😉

You're actually almost right - it was September 2000 and we lost 1-2.

Falkirk's first goal was from the penalty spot after a hand ball on the line. 

The guilty player - none other than Ray the snake. 

They guy that does the retro shirts (dunnottar) is going to be doing this very soon. Hopefully along with the white away one from that season. I'd certainly buy it. 

20200622_223208.jpg