The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does anyone actually know the exact details of the reconstruction proposal the clubs were voting on? 

I know Bill Clark said Rovers were agreeable to the principle of 14-10-10-10, but that's not the same as supporting it unequivocally. 

Who knows, but maybe Rovers weren't happy about the redistribution of prize money through the leagues, maybe they weren't happy about the 11-1 vote in the Premiership (was it going to become 13-1 or 11-3?).

It's unfair to castigate anyone who either supported the proposal or voted against it, without knowing how the details within the proposal (which would have been centred round protecting Hearts' interests) were going to affect their own, and other, clubs. 

There’s obviously a few reasons why the recent reconstruction model wasn’t passed. Clearly wasn’t just us that wasn’t happy with it for one reason or another. You can change your mind on these things remember, just ask Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

It's unfair to castigate anyone who either supported the proposal or voted against it, without knowing how the details within the proposal (which would have been centred round protecting Hearts' interests) were going to affect their own, and other, clubs. 

It was only an indicative vote - if it had passed we'd have been having another vote. Of course any details of what may have been the case were not made public. Perhaps an additional automatic promotion slot was a definite no. 

There was no advantage to Championship clubs voting for this based on what we could see. Hardly a surprise there weren't more enthused about it. 

And I do think the attitude of Ann Budge had a lot to do with this - her arrogance will undoubtedly have pissed a lot of people off. 

McInally is a bit of a cretin.
But it’s hard to disagree with him on that to be honest.
It could have been done 2 months ago, teams would likely have backed it and it was an option - doing it 5 weeks before the season was way too late.

Does anyone actually know the exact details of the reconstruction proposal the clubs were voting on? 
I know Bill Clark said Rovers were agreeable to the principle of 14-10-10-10, but that's not the same as supporting it unequivocally. 
Who knows, but maybe Rovers weren't happy about the redistribution of prize money through the leagues, maybe they weren't happy about the 11-1 vote in the Premiership (was it going to become 13-1 or 11-3?).

The way he was begging for the leagues to end, and that promotion should be given out, it’s all about the money. No need to go further. Needs/wants the money.

Gareth Hutchison’s first half header gave Falkirk the win against 10 man Rovers at Stark’s Park.

‪There was late drama at Stark’s Park as St. Mirren scored twice in two minutes to stun the hosts and claim a vital three points in the First Division title race.‬

Raith cruised to a 3-0 victory over Morton with goals from Jay Stein, Paul Tosh and Steve Tosh.

‪“This will go down as one of Craig Dargo’s greatest hits”‬

‪Raith won the final Fife derby of the season 2-0, Paul Browne opened the scoring at East End Park before an incredible volley by Craig Dargo sealed the points for the visitors.‬

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'll never get tired of that Dargo goal. 

5 hours ago, Gregor147 said:

My memory of it was that the shot was from the touchline near the half way line. emoji1.png

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It was. The camera angle is playing tricks ;)

2 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

I said Dinnae hit it ffs...YAAAUUUU

I was right in line with him as he hit it. Some goal.

Sigh.