The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don’t think anyone is saying that Raith aren’t champions are they?
Even Hearts and Thistle are just out to halt your promotion.
They're out to save their own skin after being awful for the majority of last season. The same season we were top of league 1 for the majority of. The league can be ended at any time and when it's done with an 81% approval rate of all member clubs, who all knew this was the case when they signed up to be a part of the leagues. Then surely there isn't a case to answer here? Time will tell.

They're out to save their own skin after being awful for the majority of last season. The same season we were top of league 1 for the majority of. The league can be ended at any time and when it's done with an 81% approval rate of all member clubs, who all knew this was the case when they signed up to be a part of the leagues. Then surely there isn't a case to answer here? Time will tell.

I can’t see them succeeding by any stretch of the imagination but the damage it would do to the spfl if somehow they did would be irreparable.
I guess everyone involved will get to pay a lot of money to find out.

Guest Axle Grease

Fitbaw fans. All got passion for our respective clubs. All that matters being honest.

Love.. your own club, love to hate other clubs. It's all bollocks. 

Can you tell the lockdown kitchen cocktails are ripping at ma fitbaw soul

‪Second half goals by Alex Burns and Jay Stein gave Raith Rovers the 3 points at Airdrie.‬

‪Rovers beat Clydebank with a last minute goal to move into joint second place in the First Division.‬

‪A week before knocking Celtic out of the Scottish Cup, Inverness earned a point against Raith with a late equaliser.‬

2 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

I couldn’t care less mate (well, aside from the hypocrisy on show by some). Just enjoying the show.
But to be clear, you didn’t win anything at the end of that match. It was weeks after, after an email vote or zoom call or whatever non pitch related thing it was when they decided to hand the title out.

If it was 'non pitch related' then why were Raith 'handed' the title? Were names drawn out of a hat?

59 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I can’t see them succeeding by any stretch of the imagination but the damage it would do to the spfl if somehow they did would be irreparable.
I guess everyone involved will get to pay a lot of money to find out.

Were the Hearts case to win (unlikely) then Airdrie would one of the teams having to pay out from their cut of future SPFL income.

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Just remember you didn't win promotion on the pitch!

No, but we did win a match against a certain Partick Thistle in February...perhaps League One is your level?

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
16 minutes ago, TxRover said:
No, but we did win a match against a certain Partick Thistle in February...perhaps League One is your level?

We played better league 2 teams last season...

The Glenavon game was a hoot, musical chairs for the last goal.

See Jim McInally slaughtering the  double standards of Raith chairman in the press today I quote he is horrified Raith voted against reconstruction he says he can’t defend that , Raith should have shown some humility and said Falkirk deserved promotion as well with only one point in it. At least your chairman has been transparent how Raith  would have voted , not hearing much from other clubs on how they intended to vote. 

25 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

See Jim McInally slaughtering the  double standards of Raith chairman in the press today I quote he is horrified Raith voted against reconstruction he says he can’t defend that , Raith should have shown some humility and said Falkirk deserved promotion as well with only one point in it. At least your chairman has been transparent how Raith  would have voted , not hearing much from other clubs on how they intended to vote. 

This just proves that getting older and wiser don't necessarily go hand in hand.