The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. The original document for reconstruction used half of its space to tell everyone how important it was for the good of Scottish football that Hearts and their stadium were in the top division. Which may or may not be true but it's not the point and a complete irrelevance. Far too much focus on Hearts and not about whether the principle was unfair or not. It left the distinct impression that it was all about Hearts (which it was of course but there wasn't even an attempt to hide it) and that it would be much harder to make a case for it if it had been another club. It was completely the wrong tact.

Hearts, and especially in their last statement, Partick Thistle, can bemoan and castigate other clubs for voting with self interest all they like but there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that those two clubs and at least most of the clubs who supported them (Stranraer, Inverness, Falkirk, Edinburgh City to name an obvious four) were absolutely voting with self interest too and not a single iota of acknowledgement of that. It's presumably only a crime against humanity to vote with self interest and win the vote!

Well, we all know that Scottish football would immediately fail if any of the three of Celtic, Rangers and Heart were to no be playing in the top division for a year! Wait, what, they did what, when? Never mind.

The crocodile tears being shed now by Hearts and Partick are simply the bitter fruit of allowing poor play while expecting a reckoning to be delayed till the cows come home. That mix enough metaphors to be a club statement?

Lads, I’ve just come into your sight, I’m not a Raith supporter but I’m a fife man and I’m really concerned that Raith either get denied promotion or have to find the funds to fight a legal case.

I think this isn’t good news 

31 minutes ago, Pampabay said:

Lads, I’ve just come into your sight, I’m not a Raith supporter but I’m a fife man and I’m really concerned that Raith either get denied promotion or have to find the funds to fight a legal case.

I think this isn’t good news 

😂

They have no chance of success, none at all. They just want a siege mentality in their own support they can cash in on.

Don't worry about it.

Well, we all know that Scottish football would immediately fail if any of the three of Celtic, Rangers and Heart were to no be playing in the top division for a year! Wait, what, they did what, when? Never mind.
The crocodile tears being shed now by Hearts and Partick are simply the bitter fruit of allowing poor play while expecting a reckoning to be delayed till the cows come home. That mix enough metaphors to be a club statement?

Every other club would be feeling exactly the same way if it happened to them and, if money permitted, would be going down exactly the same road. Let’s not forget the season was ended early and relegations handed out. Regardless of whether they had been shit all season they still had enough games left to survive. Whether they have conducted themselves appropriately or not since doesn’t change that.

That’s what I think . In my opinion Raith Rovers made a big mistake not supporting the reconstruction and might now lay a high price.

To the guy who said to me don’t worry about it, there is now a precedent been set in France and Belgium and I think that will carry weight on the decision.

Plus there is a lot of funding behind Hearts and  Partick, this one isn’t going away.

I would be worried if I was a Raith fan, I want all Fife clubs to do well and see football developing in the Kingdom.

6 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Every other club would be feeling exactly the same way if it happened to them and, if money permitted, would be going down exactly the same road. Let’s not forget the season was ended early and relegations handed out. Regardless of whether they had been shit all season they still had enough games left to survive. Whether they have conducted themselves appropriately or not since doesn’t change that.

Airdrie also had enough games left to win the league, but we don't see Airdrie demanding to be promoted or to have their play-off fixture revived.

They may well feel aggrieved, but that's the way of it. If you didn't promote you have other teams that are aggrieved instead. 

The other issue here is that no one really wanted reconstruction and the best proposal that could be brought forward did not have any real benefit for most clubs. You also have the embarrassing failure to abolish 11-1 voting in the Premier League when Rangers were out of it to blame for that too. 

24 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I'm not saying this is a daft point - it's obviously a fairly popular one. 

But every season has the potential to be cut short in unexpected circumstances, like a war or a natural disaster.  You'd probably got pandemic continuity planning at your work that you never thought you'd need.

Accordingly the league rules state that the season is over when the league says it is. The league decided democratically to say it was finished. 

The same rules define champions as being the team placed first when the season ends. Logically the team in last position is... last.

If the season was abandoned, you wouldn't have relegation or champions. But it wasn't abandoned, it was declared finished - by rules and mechanisms Hearts and Thistle approved of previously. 

What are they going to say in court? Please intervene it's not fair?

That’s what I think . In my opinion Raith Rovers made a big mistake not supporting the reconstruction and might now lay a high price.
To the guy who said to me don’t worry about it, there is now a precedent been set in France and Belgium and I think that will carry weight on the decision.
Plus there is a lot of funding behind Hearts and  Partick, this one isn’t going away.
I would be worried if I was a Raith fan, I want all Fife clubs to do well and see football developing in the Kingdom.

So you’re a hearts fan? [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

What are they going to say in court? Please intervene it's not fair?

Everything about ending the season is fine and should stand, except for the one aspect Hearts don't like. 

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out. 

JOINT STATEMENT FROM DUNDEE UNITED FC, RAITH ROVERS FC AND COVE RANGERS FC

On Wednesday 17th June 2020 Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were served with a petition lodged in the Court of Session by fellow SPFL member clubs, Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle which, if successful, could prevent our clubs’ promotions, and potentially have catastrophic financial implications for every SPFL member club as well.

Whilst we are extremely unhappy that we have been drawn into this legal action, we can confirm that we immediately instructed external lawyers to act on our behalf and to protect our clubs’ interests. Since the SPFL resolution was passed by 81% of member clubs on 15th April 2020, which confirmed us all as title winners who were to be promoted,  we have undertaken extensive and costly preparations for a new season in new leagues, including obtaining major financial commitments from our supporters, business partners and stakeholders. Our removal from those leagues would be ruinous on and off the field.

We have each had a highly successful season, brought to a premature end by something bigger than our clubs and bigger than our sport.  Our status as champions of our respective leagues is not being contested, and nor should the promotion which has always, and should always, come with it.

The legal action that has been raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle not only threatens the financial stability of the SPFL, but also its individual member clubs.

For all of these reasons, we must and will robustly defend our position.

As legal proceedings are now underway, we intend to make no further comment on the matter at this time.

31 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

JOINT STATEMENT FROM DUNDEE UNITED FC, RAITH ROVERS FC AND COVE RANGERS FC

On Wednesday 17th June 2020 Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were served with a petition lodged in the Court of Session by fellow SPFL member clubs, Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle which, if successful, could prevent our clubs’ promotions, and potentially have catastrophic financial implications for every SPFL member club as well.

Whilst we are extremely unhappy that we have been drawn into this legal action, we can confirm that we immediately instructed external lawyers to act on our behalf and to protect our clubs’ interests. Since the SPFL resolution was passed by 81% of member clubs on 15th April 2020, which confirmed us all as title winners who were to be promoted,  we have undertaken extensive and costly preparations for a new season in new leagues, including obtaining major financial commitments from our supporters, business partners and stakeholders. Our removal from those leagues would be ruinous on and off the field.

We have each had a highly successful season, brought to a premature end by something bigger than our clubs and bigger than our sport.  Our status as champions of our respective leagues is not being contested, and nor should the promotion which has always, and should always, come with it.

The legal action that has been raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle not only threatens the financial stability of the SPFL, but also its individual member clubs.

For all of these reasons, we must and will robustly defend our position.

As legal proceedings are now underway, we intend to make no further comment on the matter at this time.

Aww. The snake not happy? Diddums!

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sports lawyer David Winnie reckons Hearts have a chance of overturning their relegation and block our promotion as it was unfair to relegate Hearts after only winning 4 whole games out of 30. The injustice is unbelievable. Hearts and Partick are the new pariahs of Scottish football. Too big to go down...erm f**k Off.

Winnie gives them a 50/50 chance and Doncaster is confident that Hearts and Partick are acting without merit

Neither of opinions means diddly squat

SFA also apparently in the mix  “a member or person of the association may not take a football dispute to a court of law without their say so”