The New Raith Rovers Thread

‪Two first half goals gave Greenock Morton the win against Rovers at Cappielow.‬

‪Raith came from two goals behind to earn a point in the first Fife derby of the season thanks to a brace by Craig Dargo.

‪Goals from Marvin Andrews and Didier Agathe earned Rovers a 2-0 win against Inverness.‬

39 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Two first half goals gave Greenock Morton the win against Rovers at Cappielow.‬

‪Raith came from two goals behind to earn a point in the first Fife derby of the season thanks to a brace by Craig Dargo.

‪Goals from Marvin Andrews and Didier Agathe earned Rovers a 2-0 win against Inverness.‬

I think that's the first time I've seen that away top since the actual season we wore it.

52 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I remember this well and so too will Bobby Mann who was humbled by Didier Agathe that afternoon and sent to Scottish Slimmers afterwards.

The yards of a start that Bobby enjoyed yet still he lost out and was left on his behind!

That was my first trip to The Caledonian Stadium. Is it the last time we actually beat them up there? Haha. 

That season was strange we looked great against Airdrie and Ayr in yesterday’s highlights, but some of the defending is as bad as I can remember. Even Big Marv horribly out of position during that trip game against Morton. 

30 minutes ago, renton said:

I think that's the first time I've seen that away top since the actual season we wore it.

I'd forgotten about it too. I think it was probably 2nd only to the tartan strip in terms of unused kits. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

45 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'd forgotten about it too. I think it was probably 2nd only to the tartan strip in terms of unused kits. 

Not forgetting the blue and red stripes from 2010/2011, that were meant to be used for a fame vs Cowden that was called off...

‪Paul Browne, Kenny Black and Paul Shields were on the scoresheet as Raith beat 10 man Livingston.‬

‪Raith Rovers moved up into second place in the table with an impressive win against Morton at Stark’s Park.‬

‪A great strike by Jay Stein earned a point for Rovers in an entertaining Fife derby at East End Park.‬

36 minutes ago, renton said:

I'd forgotten that Jay Stein wasn't half bad back then.

Looking back we had some good players that season. 

Burns, Dargo, Agathe, Stevie Tosh and big Marv (despite some of his bloopers) were all premier league standard players as their careers afterwards proved and Stein was very good that season as well. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking back we had some good players that season. 

Burns, Dargo, Agathe, Stevie Tosh and big Marv (despite some of his bloopers) were all premier league standard players as their careers afterwards proved and Stein was very good that season as well. 

It was a decent side, middle to front, the likes of Javary and Black provided some steel in midfield as well but an absolute clusterfuck at the back, especially after Andrews went.

13 minutes ago, renton said:

It was a decent side, middle to front, the likes of Javary and Black provided some steel in midfield as well but an absolute clusterfuck at the back, especially after Andrews went.

True. You only need look at some of the goals we conceded on the highlights put up so far.