The New Raith Rovers Thread

‪Goals from Craig Dargo and Lee Gardner meant Rovers shared the points with Clydebank at Cappielow.‬

‪Raith Rovers got their first win of the season in emphatic style as Didier Agathe scored a hatrick against Airdrie on his debut for the club.‬

‪Following on from a 4-1 win the week before, Raith went one better against Ayr United by scoring five at Stark’s Park.‬

Brian Graham is under contract with partick Callaghan will get offers from other teams.

I thought Graham was available and I’d be keen for us to sign him. Callaghan, although he’s a good player for that level, we’re well covered in that position so i’d be keen to strengthen in other areas.

On 13/06/2020 at 23:01, Broken Algorithms said:

In all honesty, the blow is softened by the fact Nisbet meant we were dealt a hand that involved giving Kieron Bowie. At this point last year, nobody could've foreseen that Ziggy would've been such a huge success. Very few, if any, punters tipped him to get us goals the following season (not least the Montrose punters from the last day of last season who hounded him after missing a one on one).  Should Bowie impress go on to make a success of his time at Fulham, then we've agreed a deal which helps us moving forward. That's a huge if though. 

Yeah, you could really argue that if Nisbet stayed we wouldn't have been forced to develop Bowie - and we wouldn't have had the £150k plus potential add ons - and would have still lost Nisbet at the end of his contract for nothing. 

I would have liked Nisbet to stay, it would have been great to see him play in a decent side, but it worked out pretty well for us in the end. 

3 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Goals from Craig Dargo and Lee Gardner meant Rovers shared the points with Clydebank at Cappielow.‬

‪Raith Rovers got their first win of the season in emphatic style as Didier Agathe scored a hatrick against Airdrie on his debut for the club.‬

‪Following on from a 4-1 win the week before, Raith went one better against Ayr United by scoring five at Stark’s Park.‬

Was that Clydebank side not the worst to play at this level until Brechin? Wild that you couldn't beat them, then went goal daft in the next couple of games.

Edit-The crowds don't seem any better than what you'd expect in this day and age. 

Edited by Grant228

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Did they not finish on like 14 points or something ?

No idea, beating them by 5?or 6 was my favourite game as a 5/6 year old that season. Was legitimately sad when I found out that being promoted meant we couldn't play them. 

I'm sure they're one of the worst. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No idea, beating them by 5?or 6 was my favourite game as a 5/6 year old that season. Was legitimately sad when I found out that being promoted meant we couldn't play them. 

I'm sure they're one of the worst. 

I was at that game too, sat in the East Stand with free tickets from the YP club. Absolutely fucking rode them that day. 

Was that Clydebank side not the worst to play at this level until Brechin? Wild that you couldn't beat them, then went goal daft in the next couple of games.

Edit-The crowds don't seem any better than what you'd expect in this day and age. 

Must have been something about Cappielow because the week after the 5-1 game we went there and lost 2-0 to Morton.

The crowd for the Ayr game was 2,368 which is definitely more than we’d get now, I think the railway stand was still open in those days so that’s probably why the South Stand doesn’t look any fuller.

I remember watching that Clydebank game from the grassy bank behind the goal at Cappielow (before the Caledonian MacBrayne ferries advert board) . Clydebank fans were boycotting their games and urged us to do the same and there were more outside the ground than in. 

The game was rank, but the craic was great and you could nip to the chippy or the Norseman as you pleased. 

Clydebank never had a huge support at any point, but I remember most of their guys as really decent spuds. Sadly missed. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I was at that game too, sat in the East Stand with free tickets from the YP club. Absolutely fucking rode them that day. 

I'm sure the Clydebank team bus was late because it got stuck in traffic or something, there's very few things I remember about the season, but I remember that. 

2 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Must have been something about Cappielow because the week after the 5-1 game we went there and lost 2-0 to Morton.

The crowd for the Ayr game was 2,368 which is definitely more than we’d get now, I think the railway stand was still open in those days so that’s probably why the South Stand doesn’t look any fuller.

The Ayr support does look bigger I suppose, if the railway stand is open that'd be why the south stand looks the same ish. 

The Airdrie support looks the same. 

Keep firing up the 99/00 season bids if you have any, big fan. 

Edited by Grant228

Quick run down of the Bill Clark interview:

- Club’s position is that this is not the right time to do reconstruction.

- Mid October restart date. Intention to play betfred cup 7th October. First league match 17th. Bring players back 17th August. Each of these dates may be plus or minus up to 7 days.

- Hopfefully November/December for spectators. Possibly as late as January. 20/25% capacity Not possible to get near capacity under 2m guidance. 1000/1500 if it was 1m. Supplies of face masks and gel being sourced.

- 982 season tickets last season. No set date for date of sale. As soon as how many home games we have, we can get them on sale. Maybe available in 4/5 weeks.

- Televised games. Raith TV may be able to commentate on top of Pixelot footage, and have their own camera alongside it.

- James Anderson. Each club applies, we have filed ours already. Expenditure must be covid related. Don’t know what the testing regime will look like for players and staff.

- Supporters contributions are now topping £96k. Thinks money will be tight come December/January. Under 20 fans asked for the season ticket money back. Rovers want those fans to get in touch and see if they are able to help further either with financial help or otherwise.

- How are we spending the money? Most going to go into the players wages when it recommences. Keeping most for that. Utility bills, ground improvements. But vast amount on the wages.

Quick run down of the Bill Clark interview:

- Club’s position is that this is not the right time to do reconstruction.

- Mid October restart date. Intention to play betfred cup 7th October. First league match 17th. Bring players back 17th August. Each of these dates may be plus or minus up to 7 days.

- Hopfefully November/December for spectators. Possibly as late as January. 20/25% capacity Not possible to get near capacity under 2m guidance. 1000/1500 if it was 1m. Supplies of face masks and gel being sourced.

- 982 season tickets last season. No set date for date of sale. As soon as how many home games we have, we can get them on sale. Maybe available in 4/5 weeks.

- Televised games. Raith TV may be able to commentate on top of Pixelot footage, and have their own camera alongside it.

- James Anderson. Each club applies, we have filed ours already. Expenditure must be covid related. Don’t know what the testing regime will look like for players and staff.

- Supporters contributions are now topping £96k. Thinks money will be tight come December/January. Under 20 fans asked for the season ticket money back. Rovers want those fans to get in touch and see if they are able to help further either with financial help or otherwise.

- How are we spending the money? Most going to go into the players wages when it recommences. Keeping most for that. Utility bills, ground improvements. But vast amount on the wages.

Even as an opposition fan I found the interview really interesting and answered most of the questions I had.