The New Raith Rovers Thread

In an interview with Sky Sports, Raith manager Jimmy Nicholl spoke about the challenges facing the club in his second spell in charge.

Falkirk were made to rue their missed chances as Rovers debutant Derek Holmes snatched a late winner at Stark’s Park.

Jason Dair and Steve Tosh got the goals for Raith as they beat Clydebank.

12 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

In an interview with Sky Sports, Raith manager Jimmy Nicholl spoke about the challenges facing the club in his second spell in charge.

Falkirk were made to rue their missed chances as Rovers debutant Derek Holmes snatched a late winner at Stark’s Park.

Jason Dair and Steve Tosh got the goals for Raith as they beat Clydebank.

Shame you didn’t have more from the 1997/98 season.

I’m sure we finished third and had some great wins including a 3-2 win at Love Street where we were down  2-0. Lee Dair, Paul Hartley and then a Danny Lennon winner. Would have been good to see that again. Never seen footage of that surface on YouTube. 

Edited by Wardy

Shame you didn’t have more from the 1997/98 season.

I’m sure we finished third and had some great wins including a 3-2 win at Love Street where we were down  2-0. Lee Dair, Paul Hartley and then a Danny Lennon winner. Would have been good to see that again. Never seen footage of that surface on YouTube. 

Yeah it was just the Hibs cup game I had from that season unfortunately, shame as we looked like a good team then.

Got loads coming up from 99/00 where we had some right good results under Peter Hetherston.

21 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Yeah it was just the Hibs cup game I had from that season unfortunately, shame as we looked like a good team then.

Got loads coming up from 99/00 where we had some right good results under Peter Hetherston.

That's because he liked to get the ball down on the carpet, so he did!

Despite Marvin Andrews scoring from a trademark header, Rovers were well beaten by St. Mirren in Paisley.

Ayr United produced a superb comeback at Stark’s Park, coming from two goals behind to win.

A Craig Dargo spot kick earned Raith a vital point at Cappielow.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Dave Bowman excelling himself in the first two matches there. A total waste of space. 

I'd managed to forget how dismal that season generally was. 

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Aye, and we haven't yet got to the cup game against Clyde. 

The thing I remember about that game, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is Clyde's tannoy announcer. At half-time, with Raith leading 1-0, he makes an announcement to the home fans to let them know what the travel arrangements would be for the replay, should there be one. To predictable derision from the Raith support. Second half they turned us over - 3-1 in the end was it? And as we're filing out feeling pretty sheepish and miserable the tannoy comes on again to inform everyone that we could ignore the earlier announcement about travel as no replay was required.

5 hours ago, Yoss said:

The thing I remember about that game, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is Clyde's tannoy announcer. At half-time, with Raith leading 1-0, he makes an announcement to the home fans to let them know what the travel arrangements would be for the replay, should there be one. To predictable derision from the Raith support. Second half they turned us over - 3-1 in the end was it? And as we're filing out feeling pretty sheepish and miserable the tannoy comes on again to inform everyone that we could ignore the earlier announcement about travel as no replay was required.

That was the season after under Hetherston. 

In the Nicholl season they turned us over 4-0 at Stark's. I'm sure they had been motivated by some comments Nicholl made to the press about the number of ex junior players in their side. 

In the Nicholl season they turned us over 4-0 at Stark's. I'm sure they had been motivated by some comments Nicholl made to the press about the number of ex junior players in their side. 

That’s one of the first games I can remember being at, aged 6.

The 4 0 Clyde game was awful, but kind of useful for resetting expectations or maybe our sense of what kind of club we were. Big reality check. I remember our fans applauding their third or fourth goal and still being young enough to not really have seen that before. 

I love stuff like that! Proper shitehousery at its finest.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I love stuff like that! Proper shitehousery at its finest.

At the end of 2012/13 away to Livingston we were 2-1 up until Tony Andreu equalised on 89 minutes, to hear the stadium announcer you'd think he'd just come in his pants.

From the kick off, Andy McNeil had a flap and Brian Graham made it 3-2, such joy was felt in my heart.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

At the end of 2012/13 away to Livingston we were 2-1 up until Tony Andreu equalised on 89 minutes, to hear the stadium announcer you'd think he'd just come in his pants.

From the kick off, Andy McNeil had a flap and Brian Graham made it 3-2, such joy was felt in my heart.

I also remember thinking Liam Fox had a great game that day, and was delighted when we signed him a few weeks later.

:lol:

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Aha. Sorry, yes.

I think I missed the 0-4 so I escaped that particular trauma.