The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, embow said:

How the hell did Beith Juniors sell that amount?

Skullduggery from Killie and Ayr fans, methinks!🤔

I’m confused as to how it’s “Full Time” with over 5 hours on the countdown.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’m confused as to how it’s “Full Time” with over 5 hours on the countdown.

Full time was at 19.00 hrs BST but sales are still being counted. Winners declared at 20.00hrs.

Think our shambles of a defence and having ridiculously bad luck with injuries to key players helped there.

After promotion we brought Sandy Stewart in full time as a defensive coach and signed new full backs and a better goalkeeper. Nothing really needed changing up front.

You lads seem better prepared this summer and I quite fancy you to do alright.

If we keep the majority of the squad together and add a few players in key positions I think we will maybe surprise a few teams. We have relied on a few youth players last season though and I'd like to see us continue to do so. Bowie has his move to Fulham but tait looks a real prospect aswell. We're playing a better style of football under mcglynn with players who can dig in when they need to and if we can finally keep Vaughan fit, I don't see any reason we can't have a good season.

Mind folk wanted Mcglynn out after the league Cup? We should have got promoted under Smith in my opinion, but his miserable brand of football would have seen us back down in no time and all the worse for it. Was delighted when McGlynn came back and delighted we stuck with it.  Really enjoyed last season and really looking forward to this one. 

Good to be back, think we will do alright this season. Finally get Hendry and Vaughan playing consistently and we could even do quite well. 

Latest count has Beith on 697 whilst we are on 669.

Looking more and more like we've been papped oot.

I just can't get my head round that amount for Beith but when you look at Tranent and Berwick Rangers then something big is going on.

Well done to all, winners and losers. A great effort.

34 minutes ago, embow said:

Full time was at 19.00 hrs BST but sales are still being counted. Winners declared at 20.00hrs.

Unfortunately it seems the website was encoded to provide a countdown based upon local time and not BST.

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In total, over £150k has been raised for Scottish and Irish clubs. Tremendous effort from Ruairidh to get it all organised.

Absolutely spot on.

We seem to have fallen 12 short of a replay or extra time as the 8pm announcement is made.

10 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Just changed the bookmark for it. Absolutely delighted we're away from that shitshow of a league. Hopefully we can move forward as a club. 

I'm actually excited about trips to Cappielow and Somerset. 

This is the most 'together' I can remember the club being since the glory days of the 90s. 

Good board steering us, supporters right behind this group of players and lots of good stuff happening in the background. 

'Mon the fucking Rovers! 

3 hours ago, embow said:

Latest count has Beith on 697 whilst we are on 669.

Looking more and more like we've been papped oot.

I just can't get my head round that amount for Beith but when you look at Tranent and Berwick Rangers then something big is going on.

Well done to all, winners and losers. A great effort.

Beith only needed 175 fans to each pay £20. That gets them 4 tickets and that's the 700. Don't see how you can't get your head around it at all.

Think our fans have maybe hit peak giving now, we've all shelled out a fair amount these last 3 months

2 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

First Division Raith Rovers caused an upset in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup as they knocked out Hibs at Easter Road.

How that tackle by Dennis on Dargo wasn't given as a penalty is beyond me. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How that tackle by Dennis on Dargo wasn't given as a penalty AND A RED CARD is beyond me. 

This ^^^^^

I remember that game, wasn't supremely confident going through there but what a day it was.

For me Pittodrie and Dens were better cup away days though.

6 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

First Division Raith Rovers caused an upset in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup as they knocked out Hibs at Easter Road.

I was meant to be going to this game but I got a bit too drunk the night before and ended up in my bed for most of the weekend!