The New Raith Rovers Thread

Talking of that Ayr game where we were royally fucked, Barry sticking McHattie back in the team when no where near fit or match fit, playing up against Forrest who was excellent at the time. Disgraceful decision! I actually felt sorry for McHattie that game, should never have been put in that position.

But aye, we should have ran away with it. Too many draws, and hugely costing mistakes (the Smiddy Cruyff turn in the box - oh ya hoor!!), so didn’t deserve it.
I think the only positive we could take from that game was that regan hendry actually got some game time after spending months on the bench! I am pretty sure I remember him having a decent game too! Although that just annoyed me more that he wasn't utilised before then!

3 minutes ago, batross07 said:
29 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:
Talking of that Ayr game where we were royally fucked, Barry sticking McHattie back in the team when no where near fit or match fit, playing up against Forrest who was excellent at the time. Disgraceful decision! I actually felt sorry for McHattie that game, should never have been put in that position.

But aye, we should have ran away with it. Too many draws, and hugely costing mistakes (the Smiddy Cruyff turn in the box - oh ya hoor!!), so didn’t deserve it.

I think the only positive we could take from that game was that regan hendry actually got some game time after spending months on the bench! I am pretty sure I remember him having a decent game too! Although that just annoyed me more that he wasn't utilised before then!

He was the one shining light that day. 

Then was the first Rovers player to be subbed. 

42 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

He was the one shining light that day. 

Then was the first Rovers player to be subbed. 

What else could Smith do when the player he'd refused to play for 2 months turned out to be our only competent player that day? He was making Smith look bad so had to be subbed. 

Imagine during Smith's time, if someone said that in 2 years we would have won a league (technically) managed by John Mcglynn, with Mcgurn, Grant Anderson and Baird having featured. :lol:

41 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Confirmed that Baird is away. We all knew it was coming but boy does it hurt

Steak n Gravy will be shattered to hear this news!💔 He just loved the wee man. Just loved the way he kissed the badge.😂 The again maybe.........!

Edited by embow

nice wee watch that, clearly has strong emotions about Raith Rovers.

Which for somewhat of a journeyman means that something is clearly being done right behind the scenes.

Cheers for the memories Bairdy!

Good Bairdy interview. A fine wee chap, who seems honest enough there and clearly very fond of the club. I'll forgive his badge kissing in other shirts (which he explains in the interview) and say he's one of my favourite players of recent times. So much better than Spence, Buchanan etc.

Bring a tear to a glass eye seing him being emotional over the club we all love. Brought us alot of a good memories and should rightly go down as a legend of the club for his goal in the final. Wish him all the best in Australia.

Speaks volumes that every single ex player you speak to says Stephen Simmons was a great player. Still can’t believe the level of hard time he got from our fans.
I think bairdy summed it up pretty nicely when he said Simmons liked getting stick from his own teams fans. Undoubtedly a talented player and will unfortunately forever be associated with playing lm in that game.

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Vaughan was punted back into midfield, remember? What a masterstroke that was from Barry Smith. 

For me this is a key factor in killing that season for us. Vaughan was on fire and scoring for fun. Hmmm says Baz, let’s see if he can play a holding midfield roll instead. I can’t remember why that happened.  I seem to recall we were short in midfield, but still. It’s not peculiar to Barry Smith. Ray McKinnon and loads of other Scottish managers seem to want to take this approach and put players in unfamiliar rolls. Not sure why. He could have been our Lawrence Shankland. In fact, he was our Lawrence Shankland.

Losing the league title on the last day of the season was horrible. Vaughan hitting the post in the 89th minute is one of those moments the fan base will always remember.

In summary: f**k Bazza Smith, the useless c**t.

Edited by Scary Bear

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

Losing Ross Callachan so early in that season utterly fucked it for me.

That also didn’t help, but I’m not sure whether to blame Bazza for that one.