The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Hopefully someone is more ruthless in how they manage him in the future. 

John McGlynn won’t take any unnecessary risks with him. He held him back from returning this/last season in line with the medical recommendations despite Vaughan himself feeling ready much earlier.

He was also left out for our game at Airdrie (the game in between his two starts) due to a hamstring niggle he felt he could play through because McGlynn didn’t want to take any risks with him. 

It's an entirely valid concern, and being able to plan for the worst case scenario would be the best insurance but equally I dont think it's feasible to be able to budget for an entire season with no crowds and I dont think we can plan for no season at all either, which is the other extreme. We have to start sometime, under some conditions...

Yeah lots of options and none of them good. I presume the Championship is looking at an October start based on an assumption that they’ll just about manage three months of no crowds, but starting in August would be a stretch. In that case there’s going to be need to be some sort of break option, where if we hit January, still playing with no sign of crowds coming back, the season ends as per some pre-determined agreement. Otherwise you’re just going to have clubs signing their own death warrant.

I’m sure a lot of mug punters (eg me) would happily buy a season ticket at normal prices and if I ended up watching the lot on Raith TV then so be it. But I’m uncomfortable with the idea of relying on fans generosity as a medium-term business model, and behind closed doors is exactly that.

Yeah lots of options and none of them good. I presume the Championship is looking at an October start based on an assumption that they’ll just about manage three months of no crowds, but starting in August would be a stretch. In that case there’s going to be need to be some sort of break option, where if we hit January, still playing with no sign of crowds coming back, the season ends as per some pre-determined agreement. Otherwise you’re just going to have clubs signing their own death warrant.

I’m sure a lot of mug punters (eg me) would happily buy a season ticket at normal prices and if I ended up watching the lot on Raith TV then so be it. But I’m uncomfortable with the idea of relying on fans generosity as a medium-term business model, and behind closed doors is exactly that.

Aye as soon as season tickets go on sale, I’ll be buying one regardless of whether I’ll only get to half the games or not.

Even if they don’t sell full season tickets which they probably won’t, let’s hope they keep the donate a ticket fund and everyone chips in their ticket money for the week anyway. Doubt it’ll work as smoothly as that though

25 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye as soon as season tickets go on sale, I’ll be buying one regardless of whether I’ll only get to half the games or not.

Even if they don’t sell full season tickets which they probably won’t, let’s hope they keep the donate a ticket fund and everyone chips in their ticket money for the week anyway. Doubt it’ll work as smoothly as that though

I’ll be buying one too. Soon as they are on sale.

Best home for me is the 4-1 win over reigning Scottish Cup holders Motherwell in the League Cup 1991. The Martin Nelson game its otherwise known as.

Best away must be another cup game -  the St Johnstone cup quarter of '94. A complete performance from a great team. I did fair enjoy the 5-0 cuffing of East Fife couple of seasons ago also.

Edited by pantene proV

That's the first time I've seen the bbc footage of the cup final, I went to the game but was otherwise living away at the time.

New highlight for me is a steward selotaping up the window to the studio box at half time. 

McCoist before the game saying it was “unthinkable” if Celtic were to lose. Way before the famous line from Jock Brown on the last penalty, which in hindsight is just mental.  Both McCoist and Brewster before the game actually were pretty spot on. 

‪Rovers got off to a poor start at the new look Stark’s Park, losing out to Alex McLeish’s Motherwell.‬

After the sacking of Jimmy Thomson, Tommy McLean took charge of Raith for just one match. A 4-1 defeat by Aberdeen at Stark's Park.

15 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Rovers got off to a poor start at the new look Stark’s Park, losing out to Alex McLeish’s Motherwell.‬

After the sacking of Jimmy Thomson, Tommy McLean took charge of Raith for just one match. A 4-1 defeat by Aberdeen at Stark's Park.

I remember that Motherwell game pretty well. Was sat in the railway stand and wanted to go home at half time. Would've been perhaps my third or fourth ever game. 

Edited by Michael W