The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

We managed to get some footage of the 09/10 Aberdeen game so here's a highlights package

That pitch!

We pumped them out of the Scottish Cup in March 09, also a quarter final replay after a 1-1 draw at home, midweek, at Pittodrie. Game was rank but we won on penalties, and the atmosphere in the away end was one of the best I've ever been in.

East Fife knocked them out of the league cup a couple of years later. Kept hoping that they'd draw Cowdenbeath and that they (Cowden) would complete the flyer over Aberdeen.

They got pumped out of the Scottish Cup by Queen of the South in 08 (semi at Hampden) too, and Queens Parks in the league cup the year before.

They really were shitebags in the cup.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That pitch!

We pumped them out of the Scottish Cup in March 09, also a quarter final replay after a 1-1 draw at home, midweek, at Pittodrie. Game was rank but we won on penalties, and the atmosphere in the away end was one of the best I've ever been in.

East Fife knocked them out of the league cup a couple of years later. Kept hoping that they'd draw Cowdenbeath and that they (Cowden) would complete the flyer over Aberdeen.

They got pumped out of the Scottish Cup by Queen of the South in 08 (semi at Hampden) too, and Queens Parks in the league cup the year before.

They really were shitebags in the cup.

Best away day I've been to. I've posted countless times about that game. We were ridiculously up against it. Nobody gave us a chance after what had happened before. It was an awful game from a footballing perspecting, and the second half went on forever, but what a night it was. First cup upset I'd seen us do when going to games. 

What a game that was. Absolutely fantastic and well worth the journey up. 

Can't say I remember the pitch being as bad as that, but the weather was horrible and it is just about the coldest I've ever been at a game. 

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

That Aberdeen game was another stotter. Me and 3 mates made a last minute decision to head up mainly to tick Pittodrie off our list and not holding out much hope of us coming away with a win. Horrendous weather on the way there but what a night overall and an epic bounce about in the stand. 

53 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What a game that was. Absolutely fantastic and well worth the journey up. 

I was in a group of three that went up, one of them being an Aberdeen fan who joined us in the away section despite being a bit worried about being able to keep quiet any time Aberdeen scored.

4 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

We managed to get some footage of the 09/10 Aberdeen game so here's a highlights package

Definitely one of my all time favourite Rovers games that. Brilliant night where I came away buzzing.

Off the top of my head, Munich away, Coca Cola Cup Final and Semi Final, Vaughan Hat-trick game against the Pars. I never made Dundee away in the cup, but evidently that was not one to miss either. Others?

What’s the best game you’ve seen at Starks?

What’s the best away game you’ve been at?

Not sure If anyone has mentioned but the Hibs away game in the cup in the 1997/98 season was decent. A John Millar double in a 2-1 win. Would like to see footage of that actually. 

I’ve got extended highlights of that game (about 20 minutes worth) but I’ve got quite a few from the 96/97 season to go up before I get to that one.

10 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I’ve got extended highlights of that game (about 20 minutes worth) but I’ve got quite a few from the 96/97 season to go up before I get to that one.

Superb stuff man. 👍🏻

Although the 96/97 season was definitely one to forget. 😂

Edited by Wardy

LV's wiki page is inaccurate too, he hasn't had 3 ACL ruptures all to his right knee. He's done both knees and one of them twice.

Still at least it didn't say 3 ACL ruptures one to each leg.

Edited by Scottydog

LV's wiki page is inaccurate too, he hasn't had 3 ACL ruptures all to his right knee. He's done both knees and one of them twice.
How is he doing? Recovered?

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Indeed, of the 14 games I have from that season only 4 of them are wins emoji28.png

Even though that was a poor season which ended in relegation, we got to the Scottish Cup QFs again. I remember the away game at Brechin in the cup and the QF at Falkirk. Great days out. Falkirk result and performance was dreadful but I was used to that that season.

When you look at the players we had that season it’s a fairly shocking piece of team management that we managed to get ourselves relegated. Thanks to the Janny and Iain Munro. Not forgetting Tommy McLean’s cameo.

E71C76A2-B91B-487A-B8E4-DADD54DD6AC1.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

37 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I spotted that too and his appearances haven’t been updated since 2018/19 season. Looks like a Dumbarton fan has been the main contributor which is a bit of a red neck for our fan base.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
32 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

How is he doing? Recovered?

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZwxrlkZWXIdtq9YxeBokdNwnNu67HFcsG8k

Here's what the man himself said in the above download on May 8th

"Hello everyone, I hope you're staying safe and well.

Despite the lockdown, rehab is going well. It's just over 5 months since the operation - anniversary was 5th May. It's going well, I'm back running and feeling fitter and stronger every day. I still have a bit to go but I'm past the worst parts and every day that goes by is a day closer to me being fully match fit."

Right, then Left, then Right again [emoji106]

That 96/97 season was a fucking disaster, we lost all 4 derbies, got horsed by old rangers 6 - 0 at home and were pretty much a shambles.

Iain Munro was a piss poor appointment from the get go. If we had just sat for a few weeks following McLeans fucking off and got a decent manager which wouldn't have been hard things might be drastically different. 

we dod beat Dundee United twice and had a draw with Celtic which pretty much ended their title Hope's.