The New Raith Rovers Thread

41 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I think the reason Raith fans get wound up and still hold a grudge about the admin is the fact that the overspending which lead to the admin cheated us out of promotion.
If we’d been sitting fourth or fifth that season then I don’t think we’d be as bothered.

We played a whole season and a half after that before we went into administration! It was the overspending from years before that led to us going into administration. We did post a loss in that promotion season, as did Raith. But it wasn't that season that led to us nearly going down. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We played a whole season and a half after that before we went into administration! It was the overspending from years before that led to us going into administration. We did post a loss in that promotion season, as did Raith. But it wasn't that season that led to us nearly going down. 

I can't remember the exact percentages, but the Pars were spending something like 200% of their turnover back in their peak SPL days in the early 00s. Crazy stuff. 

I remember the Motherwell game  I was a steward at the ground and after the final whistle it was a hard job helping the supporters to find a wee bit of turf for a memento through the layers of sand you wonder if any of that turf still survives today?. Happy days.

Edited by steakngravy

35 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Rovers beat Motherwell 2-0 at Stark's Park in the final match at the old ground before it's redevelopment.

‪Raith were overcome by a Jorge Cadete inspired Celtic on the last day of the 95/96 Premier Division season.‬

The absolute state of our pitch there! A slide tackle in the middle of the pitch would require a skin graft afterwards. 

To be fair to the Pars fans, I don't mind their interjections into this thread. Decent football chat is a bit thin on the ground just now so I can't blame them for taking a peek here. 

Also worth remembering that there were numerous donations from Pars fans to our just giving appeal. 

Rather than get worked up about what happened 10 years ago or whatever, let's look forward to some good derby games next season. Hopefully matches we'll all be allowed to attend. 

On the other hand I've seen some right seething messes come up that hill past the away end when the wee team song is getting belted out. 

You've got some memory. Tell me, will we be getting painted bed sheets on the outskirts of the town and marches along the High Street and up the hill when games return?

Aye but the signings made in the January window made the difference and it’s well known that they weren’t affordable.

Anyway, it’s water under the bridge. As someone else said no point going over it again.

I think you’re mostly gid c***s, just like *most* of us are gid c***s.

To be fair to the Pars fans, I don't mind their interjections into this thread. Decent football chat is a bit thin on the ground just now so I can't blame them for taking a peek here. 
Also worth remembering that there were numerous donations from Pars fans to our just giving appeal. 
Rather than get worked up about what happened 10 years ago or whatever, let's look forward to some good derby games next season. Hopefully matches we'll all be allowed to attend. 

Same here, I much prefer getting a banter with the Pars fans than having to endure the East Fife ones. That was just embarrassing having to play against minnows like that.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Watching those last few games of that 95-96 team you have to wonder what happened to Duffield after that season. He promised so much. 

Perhaps it was just the change of manager. 

5 in 9 at the end of the 95/96 season... then guck all.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nah, never seen Dunfermline fans get wound up by reminding us we were in admin. It is what it is, club went into administration, fans rallied round and saved the club and we're run by far better board now, worked out for the best. 

On the other hand I've seen some right seething messes come up that hill past the away end when the wee team song is getting belted out. 

Worked out for the best? 

Wonder if the creditors who are out of pocket think that? 🤔

A far better board that just pumped a load of employees onto the benefit system. 

Your standards must be very low. 

There have been two occasions in the history of football in Fife where cancerous boards have led their respective teams down a disastrous path.

Thankfully for Raith Rovers, the West Coast Mafia laid it out to the supporters and a solution was found, alas, fucking Anelka came along to set us back further.

Dunfermline were beset by a far more evil set of b*****ds.

One utter c**t of a man, in concert with a chairman who conned a national bank out of north of £10m with no guarantee of repayment, this noted, a certain club legend is still held in esteem despite being a director throughout.

There is no doubt that Raith Rovers carry internal debt and Dunfermline got out of jail with Boris levels of 'couldn't give a f**k'

We are both functioning, despite hitting the current Lockdown crisis, and I look forward to next season and all the aforementioned shite to be regurgitated ad nauseum for ever and a day.

He’s not a useless haddie but the real concern among the fans was that Kevin Nisbet had left. It’s more difficult to replace 30 goal forwards.

This is true but ironically I think we are a better team for him leaving as we 100% relied on Kevin Nisbet and that showed in the QotS game as we had no goal threat when he was man marked. This season goals have come from all over the park perhaps we focused too much on everything going through Nisbet. Quite bizarre to lose two players who were good players and good for us and the team managing to improve but I guess that’s credit to the Gaffer.

Interesting to see how Nisbet gets on next season (whenever that is) as he’s been excellent the last two seasons but extremely mediocre before that, pre C-19 I think the Pars would have got a good offer for him this summer but it could now be a buyers market so perhaps they’re better to hold onto him although that depends on when his contract expires and when he could leave on a free.

Either way I’ve no grudge against Nisbet I’d rather he’d gone somewhere other than the Pars but that’s football, good luck to the lad except when we meet the Pars obviously (stick on to score against us)

Is that fat Eric your talking about, oh no it's his reverence take my photo and it'll cost you the Provist himself the bard of Auchenshuggle. Take the stage and show your true colours .
Word soup

That Aberdeen game was another stotter. Me and 3 mates made a last minute decision to head up mainly to tick Pittodrie off our list and not holding out much hope of us coming away with a win. Horrendous weather on the way there but what a night overall and an epic bounce about in the stand.