The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Yikes. The club should maybe show the designs to a few fans before steaming on and picking a strip. Maybe it looks better on.

Has the new away top been unveiled?

25 June for the away strip.

I like it, even the blue shorts work with that top. Plus, for us more generously proportioned types, it looks quite slimming!

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

How much for your best player this summer?

If you could splash a four figure sum again on one of our injury prone and bang average players though, that would be great. 

Forgot that happened. Mad that we got rid of Murray for four figures, and immediately used that to pick up MacDonald who added a lot more to our team. I can't recall thinking at any point last season "we could really have used Murray there".

Yup, MacDonald has been a brilliant signing. I haven’t missed Murray at all.

7 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Not a huge fan of the new strip. Fine for athletes,  but for average Rovers fans it’s a design pointing straight to their belly 

The V, or unzipped top, or check me out, look hasn’t grown on me yet. At second viewing it’s not that bad, but it’s just not for me. Away top it is. I should really have bought this season’s home top. I liked it. 

16538EC1-68E2-45CD-8C2D-A67B8B32A9C7.png

Edited by Scary Bear

I liked Murray and was pretty disappointed he left. We were better without him though, Steven Anderson was a significant upgrade at centre back and we signed an actual left back who went on to win our PoTY rather than making do with him there.

Everyone’s a winner with that one, I think. Murray went to a higher league and better wages, the Pars as far as I know quite like him, and we were better for it with a small amount of cash for our trouble.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

25 June for the away strip.

I like it, even the blue shorts work with that top. Plus, for us more generously proportioned types, it looks quite slimming!

Quite slimming? You think? The fashion with our strip and Dunfermline’s seems to be skin tight stuff, unless that’s just the way it’s photographed. Someone mentioned it looking like cycling gear and I can see that comparison. With any of these things you’d need to see it on a few punters before deciding for sure.

Personally, I’ll wait for the away top and see if it’s better than the yellow effort of last year. As we’ll be looking for cash I’ll definitely buy a top. I’ll also renew my season ticket when the club put them up for sale.

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Ah Euan Murray. Another player in a long line of "he's away somewhere else so immediately turns into a useless haddie"

He’s not a useless haddie but the real concern among the fans was that Kevin Nisbet had left. It’s more difficult to replace 30 goal forwards.

16 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Ah Euan Murray. Another player in a long line of "he's away somewhere else so immediately turns into a useless haddie"

Certainly not useless. He was decent enough. But our defence was significantly improved this season just past, and he would not get into our strongest 11. 

Getting decent cash and bringing in 2 better players in the 2 positions he played worked out very well us. 

Erm no, he was average as was the rest of our squad last season, getting absolutely raped by Steven Dobbie and QoS justified our ineptitude

ETA, also finishing 3rd behind Arbroath and Forfar despite having Kevin Nisbet banging in the goals was a little hard to take

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Quite slimming? You think? The fashion with our strip and Dunfermline’s seems to be skin tight stuff, unless that’s just the way it’s photographed. Someone mentioned it looking like cycling gear and I can see that comparison. With any of these things you’d need to see it on a few punters before deciding for sure.

Personally, I’ll wait for the away top and see if it’s better than the yellow effort of last year. As we’ll be looking for cash I’ll definitely buy a top. I’ll also renew my season ticket when the club put them up for sale.

The design itself will make a wearer look a wee bit slimmer, especially of chosen in a properly baggy manner...although for some of us, I’m not sure they come that big. It’s sort of like the vertical strips versus horizontal strips being slimming, which is true, as long as the vertical strips don’t go horizontal around the midriff.

I see it was John McGlynn who chose the design. No denying he has style.

Well done to the youngster who designed it, but I think the strip designers have taken a bit of artistic licence with his design. I even prefer the young lads colour scheme.

Has anyone seen that episode of The Simpson’s where Homer designs a car?

49CC34C1-C90D-4F33-81C2-FC5584C3BF6B.png

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Not really, I remember at the time that while folk were disappointed to see him go, there was an honest assessment of his limitations. I was surprised someone paid money for him, but said at the time that with the Pars running a smaller squad than previously it was maybe overall worth spending money on a utility player who had a high availability and good injury record. Then again...