The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I’ve never uploaded that version before but luckily I still have it saved in a folder on the laptop so I’ve stuck it online for you now.

It also includes Willie Gibson getting sent off which I don’t think Pars TV showed.

Superb, thank you very much.

These are superb highlights from that 1995/96 season. Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs all turned over by the mighty ‘Vers. Just shows you how amazing we did that season. 

Still to come from 95/96;

Raith 3 - 0 Queens Park, 27 January 1996
Raith 1 - 0 Hibs, 10 February 1996
Partick 0 - 3 Raith, 2 March 1996
Raith 2 - 4 Rangers, 30 March 1996
Falkirk 2 - 3 Raith, 6 April 1996
Raith 1 - 3 Hearts, 13 April 1996
Hibs 1 - 1 Raith, 20 April 1996
Raith 2 - 0 Motherwell, 27 April 1996
Celtic 4 - 1 Raith, 4 May 1996

I also have two full match replays which I’m hoping to have up by the end of this week, the Coca-Cola Cup final and the 2nd leg of the tie against Bayern Munich in Germany.

Do you not have the Levein / Hogg disagreement I know there is film of it somewhere I think we have it on a video as it feature on a sports news programme probably STV. It is out there somewhere. Also in the late 70's early 80's we played Celtic at Parkhead and were beaten 2-0 I think Murray McDermott was in goal and had a fantastic dave which wqas used by the BBC for the introduction credits for Sportscene. That game was a televised one so maybe the BBC still has the tape?

Do you not have the Levein / Hogg disagreement I know there is film of it somewhere I think we have it on a video as it feature on a sports news programme probably STV. It is out there somewhere. Also in the late 70's early 80's we played Celtic at Parkhead and were beaten 2-0 I think Murray McDermott was in goal and had a fantastic dave which wqas used by the BBC for the introduction credits for Sportscene. That game was a televised one so maybe the BBC still has the tape?

Unfortunately I don’t have either of the ones you mention, my source for all of these clips are old VHS tapes which my brother and dad used to record the old highlights onto. Obviously back in those days you couldn’t just set a programme to record onto your Sky box, you had to physically be there watching and waiting to hit record and then stop, which is why a lot of games will have been missed. If a match hasn’t been recorded I’m afraid I’ve no other way of getting it.

46 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Still to come from 95/96;

Raith 3 - 0 Queens Park, 27 January 1996
Raith 1 - 0 Hibs, 10 February 1996
Partick 0 - 3 Raith, 2 March 1996
Raith 2 - 4 Rangers, 30 March 1996
Falkirk 2 - 3 Raith, 6 April 1996
Raith 1 - 3 Hearts, 13 April 1996
Hibs 1 - 1 Raith, 20 April 1996
Raith 2 - 0 Motherwell, 27 April 1996
Celtic 4 - 1 Raith, 4 May 1996

I also have two full match replays which I’m hoping to have up by the end of this week, the Coca-Cola Cup final and the 2nd leg of the tie against Bayern Munich in Germany.

Looking forward to this one, I was a kid at the time, basically hypothermic trying to watch it and missed the goals hiding behind the burger van for warmth :lol:

1 hour ago, renton said:

Looking forward to this one, I was a kid at the time, basically hypothermic trying to watch it and missed the goals hiding behind the burger van for warmth :lol:

I remember that as well it was fucking Baltic there was a blizzard before the match.

I sat in the main stand for that game for the first time ever as I thought it might be a bit warmer. It wasn't. Looking forward to seeing the rangers 4-2 game again as I remember us being robbed towards the end but never seen the highlights. Were we not 2-1 up with about 10 to play?

Listening to The Terrace’s premiership team of the season. Both contributors took Scotland cap Declan Gallagher in one of the CB positions. Mind when our fans hounded him out of training with us when he was on day release? That went well.

45 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Listening to The Terrace’s premiership team of the season. Both contributors took Scotland cap Declan Gallagher in one of the CB positions. Mind when our fans hounded him out of training with us when he was on day release? That went well.

Don't think anyone said he wasn't good and getting better.  Prefer Good Egg FC tbh and so do you surely!