The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Don't recall him doing anything grave enough to get time?

So as long as the assault isnt too serious it's okay. Hitting someone with a bottle being locked up is okay just not jail time.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Listening to The Terrace’s premiership team of the season. Both contributors took Scotland cap Declan Gallagher in one of the CB positions. Mind when our fans hounded him out of training with us when he was on day release? That went well.

I dont think we had the budget to sign him anyway.

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

So as long as the assault isnt too serious it's okay. Hitting someone with a bottle being locked up is okay just not jail time.

Yes

Davo never bottles it 🤣

Edited by mealsonwheels

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Davo bashing

Sure he was freed as decided no case to answer

Declan Gallagher on the other hand attacked someone with a baseball bat leaving him with severe injuries and danger to his life and was sentenced to 3 years

A fukin thug

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Davidson was admonished (convicted but faced no further punishment). 

Declan Gallagher caused a severe injury that a lasting impact on his victim. He continues to deny he did it, for what it's worth. 

Two days after the departure of manager Jimmy Nicholl, Raith Rovers picked up 3 points against Hibs thanks to a stunning strike by Davie Kirkwood.

With the help of three new signings in the team, Raith ran out comfortable winners against Partick Thistle at Firhill.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

That Kirkwood goal was a fucking screamer against Hibs.

Alex Penman was getting it tight from the crowd that day as well.

As well he should (especially at the time)

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Davo bashing

Sure he was freed as decided no case to answer

Declan Gallagher on the other hand attacked someone with a baseball bat leaving him with severe injuries and danger to his life and was sentenced to 3 years

A fukin thug

And a far superior player to Davidson. 

We’ll both have a club to support at the end of this.

HMRC aren’t going to victimise clubs all because they’re using the furlough scheme for what it was intended for.

You only have to go onto their site and read it for yourself.

Dunfermline/Qots weren’t advised from someone at HMRC.

Not surprised Dunfermline have been one of the only clubs to have taken this approach though.
On the other hand I hope our chairman has brushed up on his HMRC stuff. I can't really see how the government will be happy with extending contracts just for the to be paid by the tax payer. You cannot take a person on and put the on furlough so I don't see the difference.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

On the other hand I hope our chairman has brushed up on his HMRC stuff. I can't really see how the government will be happy with extending contracts just for the to be paid by the tax payer. You cannot take a person on and put the on furlough so I don't see the difference.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The person whos contract your extending is still technically employed hence why its legit.

21 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Point in relation to the discussion is?

Regardless of his history he served his time and deserved a 2nd chance. His quality as a player would have been a real asset to our club but some fans just would never accept him. These are probably the same fans that constantly want us to sign ex Raith players or go into the Championship when ever that may be with a team that struggled against the likes of Forfar, East Fife etc.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Regardless of his history he served his time and deserved a 2nd chance. His quality as a player would have been a real asset to our club but some fans just would never accept him. These are probably the same fans that constantly want us to sign ex Raith players or go into the Championship when ever that may be with a team that struggled against the likes of Forfar, East Fife etc.

In terms of Davo bashing never been a fan, I think he is now way past it and there was a reason Steven Anderson was signed, it was to help a struggling defence. Davo should have been binned after the away tie against Alloa when he was sent off for the umpteenth bloody time.

In terms of Davo bashing never been a fan, I think he is now way past it and there was a reason Steven Anderson was signed, it was to help a struggling defence. Davo should have been binned after the away tie against Alloa when he was sent off for the umpteenth bloody time.

Did you watch a game last season? Davo and Bene after the 2-2 at Clyde were different class. We wouldn’t conceded much if we didn’t have the chuckle brothers in net.

That's just ridiculous. As Michael and others, even including some of the usual Davosceptics, have commented on before, Davo turned in a series of consistently good performances, undoubtedly helping earn us points and be top when the league was called. Maybe you should take a trip to Barnard Castle and check your eyes.