The New Raith Rovers Thread

Found this at the back of a cupboard, fan footage from the 3 away european games, from what i remember a couple of guys put this together a few years back and sold them to raise funds for the club, will try and get it uploaded to Youtube.

2020-05-17 18.21.47.jpg

I don't think I've seen the full Akranes highlights since I was a wee lad when we got home after the game. Tremendous to see the old ground packed out like that.

Funny how football can take you back to a period of time just like that. 

10 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surely that meant he played in league 1 last year?

Reekie in the worst side in league2.

PS did the players actually get a league 1 winners medal. Genuinely interested

Don't forget it wasnt that long ago that Andy Robertson was plucked from the bottom league with queens Park and look at him now!

I remember after the third went in against Hibs just thinking “is this real? Are we really three up and cruising against Hibs in the premier league?”
Halcyon days.

I was the same, just could not believe it.

On 22/05/2019 at 20:42, sirscottyoung said:

Dom Thomas and Blair Henderson signing on PT deals with you guys and Kallum Higginbotham on FT deal going to sign with you guys. Unbelievable signings!

16 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

You boys signing Scott Reekie from Brechin...

Very weird one emoji1787.png

Is this going to be an annual thing we can look forward to?

Bill Clark confirmed in the ‘Rovers Review’ we will not be signing anyone until we have some sort of certainty about when the season will start. Good news for you guys because I hear Anton Dowds would’ve been on his way to us under normal circumstances, you may get to keep him for another year now.

Edited by R.R.FC

23 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

Remember having a kick about in the street as well.I spilt the most expensive table full of pints in the pub.Waved into the ground by the police even though I had a bottle of smirnoff and plastic tumbler,certainly helped my nerves

Airport on  way home was as you say,perfect

Oh,also remember the plane wasn,t for taking off on the way out cause a certain supporter who I wont name was lying on the floor sleeping/pashed.Eventually took off with him half on the floor,half on the seat

Oh,Oh, Denis who organised the whole trip turning up at Glasgow airport and forgetting his passport

Great trip, took me ages to find a sports shop so we could get a fitba.

saw a programme on Iceland years later and one of the goal posts we used was so some of historical sculpture 🤷‍♂️
I remember Quincy getting caught by the pub owner for decanting his Viberg carry out into pint glasses, and getting huckled out the pub 

Great 24 hours, fuelled by couple of Carlton sausage rolls, and a case of beer from duty free 👍

Is this going to be an annual thing we can look forward to?
Bill Clark confirmed in the ‘Rovers Review’ we will not be signing anyone until we have some sort of certainty about when the season will start. Good news for you guys because I hear Anton Dowds would’ve been on his way to us under normal circumstances, you may get to keep him for another year now.

Same dreadful patter on Twitter, as well.

To be honest, some players I hadn't heard of much or noticed much this time last year, absolutely rode East Fife rotten in the 5-3 game - and played a huge part in us winning this league this season.

Trust Mcglynn, he's earned that for sure. 

However, all of that is only the highly unlikely assumption that the post in question wasn't absolute bullshit.  

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Great trip, took me ages to find a sports shop so we could get a fitba.

saw a programme on Iceland years later and one of the goal posts we used was so some of historical sculpture 🤷‍♂️
I remember Quincy getting caught by the pub owner for decanting his Viberg carry out into pint glasses, and getting huckled out the pub 

Great 24 hours, fuelled by couple of Carlton sausage rolls, and a case of beer from duty free 👍

The trip to the Akranes game was brilliant and the team battled away to get a result even tho we played with 10 defenders.🤔Regarding pre match in the town we had a great time even tho it was freezing.I wasnt huckled out of the pub due to trying to drink my carry out in there.Just politely told not to do it and the drink was stuck behind the bar.😁 So many stories from all rovers fans for the European jaunt that you could write a book about.Before that was the Faero Island and after was Munich.Wont ever happen again.