The New Raith Rovers Thread

The last of the highlights I have from the 93/94 season.

Raith faced Dundee in this relegation battle at Starks Park, and the points would be shared thanks to goals by George Shaw and Stevie Crawford.

Raith Rovers are relegated from the Premier League after a goalless draw in Kilmarnock sealed their fate.

Already relegated Rovers did some damage to Partick Thistle’s survival hopes, holding them to a draw at Firhill.

Despite both teams having nothing to play for, Raith and Motherwell produced a six goal thriller at Starks Park.

Raith ended the season in style with a 3-2 victory against Scottish Cup finalists Dundee United, Jason Dair and David Sinclair got the goals at Tannadice.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was never that impressed by Watson at Rovers. He was part of an absolutely atrocious defence under Murray and appeared to me to have a poor attitude.

I'm amazed he ended up at Dundee United.

He did help us beat the **** and win a cup tbf 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was never that impressed by Watson at Rovers. He was part of an absolutely atrocious defence under Murray and appeared to me to have a poor attitude.

By all accounts, he was solid enough for United. 

I wasn’t overly impressed either, however to be fair, we had not long had CB’s of Murray, Ellis, Hill, Marv and Campbell to choose from so it was always going to be hard to impress when taking over from those guys.

14 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Raith ended the season in style with a 3-2 victory against Scottish Cup finalists Dundee United, Jason Dair and David Sinclair got the goals at Tannadice.

Loads of drama before that game.

think we were suspended by the SFA/SFL as we wouldn’t make our players available for the inquest into the Ferguson headbutt. Which meant the Dundee United game might not have taken place, they had a couple of players who had a 1 match suspension to serve. If our match didn’t go ahead they would have missed the cup final the following week.

forgot how good Dan Dairs 1st goal was, and don’t remember Raith fans in the stand, there were loads of us in the wee enclosure at the other end.

Hats off to Raith TV and everyone involved with the player of the year awards.Excellently put together and a braw watch with a few beers

Totally agree. Baird’s player of the year video was great. Cant argue with most of the awards, though Hendry would have won PPOTY though.

That awards night was absolutely brilliant. Huge thanks to everyone that put it together - amazing work and a really enjoyable watch.

Bairdy's message and then wee face with the 'Pump it Up' in the background was class😂

Also, that version of Geordie Munro is unreal - really nice touch doing a tribute to the workers. 

Feeling emotional - am away to chuck my ticket money for that in the crowdfunder!