The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Paco said:

The ‘Rovers Review’ bulletin posted on the website said June for the new shirt launch. Don’t think stock is expected until July either so it would be a pre-order affair I presume.

It also mentioned something about deposits for season tickets. I know times are very very tough and if there’s no other option then so be it but I feel we need to be very wary about things like that.

It's really difficult.  There's obvious ethical issues about asking fans for money, but with games unlikely to be played any time this year, I can't see how the club can survive without money coming in somehow - even if costs were cut accordingly.  

I guess it's better to ask for money for something tangible, albeit for the future, rather than simply asking for donations. 

51 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's really difficult.  There's obvious ethical issues about asking fans for money, but with games unlikely to be played any time this year, I can't see how the club can survive without money coming in somehow - even if costs were cut accordingly.  

I guess it's better to ask for money for something tangible, albeit for the future, rather than simply asking for donations. 

If the feeling is that games definitely wont be played this year, then I dont see how any realistic  number of partial season ticket sales will save us.

42 minutes ago, renton said:

If the feeling is that games definitely wont be played this year, then I dont see how any realistic  number of partial season ticket sales will save us.

You can’t have games when there is risk of another wave (see what i did there ? I used wave instead of peak as that’s a much calmer word - I’ll be getting drafted in as a government official next)

There will be another wave at the end of August when the schools go back, football can’t cope with social distancing of supporters, look at the quest for a pish at half time, look at the number of ground where there is no soap, or warm water - or in the case of Hampden non scalding water would be great.

2 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

You can’t have games when there is risk of another wave (see what i did there ? I used wave instead of peak as that’s a much calmer word - I’ll be getting drafted in as a government official next)

There will be another wave at the end of August when the schools go back, football can’t cope with social distancing of supporters, look at the quest for a pish at half time, look at the number of ground where there is no soap, or warm water - or in the case of Hampden non scalding water would be great.

There will only be another wave if the government fails to move successfully into a supression strategy, but I do understand the difficulties. All I'm saying is that if we are not playing football until next year, then the club and support need go be looking at more drastic measures to keep the club afloat until then.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

There will only be another wave if the government fails to move successfully into a supression strategy, but I do understand the difficulties. All I'm saying is that if we are not playing football until next year, then the club and support need go be looking at more drastic measures to keep the club afloat until then.

Alas, that bit in bold is probably why we will be looking into next year before football.  

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Did someone say a while a go that it'll be Puma no more? I thought Puma had another year to run but I hear we are changing both H & A kit so perhaps it is a new contract and a new supplier.

Maybe Tyvek  in? :lol:

Seriously though if Puma aren't supplying then what are the options?

Adidas, Nike,  Umbro, Hummel, Joma, Bukta, Diadora, Spall, Matchwinner, TFG, Kappa, Under Armour, Erra, Admiral. Lotto, Fila, Le Coq Sportif,  Mitre, Canterbury, Castore

Macron would be class, I seem to recall our last Italian strip we had was during a fairly successful spell in our history.

Do Spall, Bukta and Le Coq Sportif still exist? If so, any of these will do.

Something like the old France away top (as modelled by Jean Tigana) would do for our away top. Think that’s Adidas.

EFFA7D84-BE5A-44E0-9CE1-B8CE2C8FEEA8.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

46 minutes ago, renton said:

There will only be another wave if the government fails to move successfully into a supression strategy, but I do understand the difficulties. All I'm saying is that if we are not playing football until next year, then the club and support need go be looking at more drastic measures to keep the club afloat until then

I think what the club have raised so far is very impressive, however the longer this goes on the less people will have disposable income.

Will a football team be a priority when ‘ mortgage holidays’ end, and redundancies replace furlough ?

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Worse than that, the Colin Weir stand at Firhill has no wash basins in the gents toilets.

You’d think the multi-millionaire would have sorted that out before he passed.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

I think what the club have raised so far is very impressive, however the longer this goes on the less people will have disposable income.

Will a football team be a priority when ‘ mortgage holidays’ end, and redundancies replace furlough ?

Yeah, the money raised is impressive. Still, trying to figure out what it looks like to crawl through to, say, January before we see any football. We've got the donation money, the prize money for the season and the Bowie money coming in (hopefully in the summer?) So let's say 60K all in for donations, 60k from prize money and 150K for Bowie. There is no other income for 6 months. There will still be outgoings as we have to pay the 9 guys already on the bill, management and office staff, as well as any utilities and mortgage payments.

Will there be a club left in January?

Edited by renton

30 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Get this voted on I want more angry rangers and Falkirk fans 

I voted Rovers, then contemplated whether they would be more raging if they won the poll. 

Despite having Jock McStay sent off after just 17 minutes, Raith managed to salvage a point from Dens Park.

Both sides created numerous chances but neither could break the deadlock as Raith and Celtic played out a goalless draw at Starks Park.

A late Joe Miller goal saw Rovers knocked out of the Scottish Cup at the 4th round stage by Aberdeen.

Almost 9000 fans packed into Starks Park for the visit of Rangers, and it was the away side who would take home the points despite an excellent first half showing by Raith.

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

These games are great I'm getting g so old I remember them first time.

Old starks park was brilliant.

I was very young, but can remember the old Starks Park and agree.  Loved watching games from the Railway Stand.  We watched the Akranes game from the "away" terrace of the Railway Stand, will always remember entering the away entrance at the North end of Pratt Street and seeing the ground full like that.

Didnt realise how much they took away from the Home end (where the South Stand) is now - the away terrace was much bigger and I'm sure it got redeveloped only a couple of years before the stands went up? 

Real shame, the old ground was brilliant.

They re did the terracing when we got promoted to the premier the first time,they took out the old rail sleepers and put in concrete. It was needed in fairness.

On the new kit front, I've no issues with puma but a change would be nice and macron would be my preferred choice. The tops they've done for both Dundde sides and Hibs are class.