The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just as I settled in to watch this realised Lewis Allen was in team, does anyone know what happened to him? Remember some rumours he was taking time off due to a mental health issue but no official club statement since January.

30 minutes ago, Mr.Reeee said:

Just as I settled in to watch this realised Lewis Allen was in team, does anyone know what happened to him? Remember some rumours he was taking time off due to a mental health issue but no official club statement since January.

Can't imagine he will be back and it would be wise not to speculate about him.

Edited by 2020sound

We'd have been presented with it today even if it was wrapped up last week or the one before. It might even have been close enough for a helico....oh  just realised!😂

See lockdown...see brain dead.😉

Right, here’s one for the statos out there. Are we the only team to beat both old firm sides in national cup finals while playing in a lower league?

Sevco aren’t the old firm. You see Rangers died. Now we have the pantomime Rangers. A new club called The Rangers. Or Sevco 5088

26 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Right, here’s one for the statos out there. Are we the only team to beat both old firm sides in national cup finals while playing in a lower league?

Probably. Without doing any research whatsoever I’ll say yes.

Seing Harry panayiotou answering questions got me thinking about cult players we've had. He was largely ineffective in his time with us, but alot of people would have him back. Any other players similar that anyone can think of?

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Seing Harry panayiotou answering questions got me thinking about cult players we've had. He was largely ineffective in his time with us, but alot of people would have him back. Any other players similar that anyone can think of?

I wouldn’t say he was ineffective. He played well enough. He just didn’t score many, but the ones he did score were in huge games.

I wouldn’t say he was ineffective. He played well enough. He just didn’t score many, but the ones he did score were in huge games.

Agreed. He wasn’t a bad player.

He came from the team that ended up winning the EPL that year though on loan so because of this everyone expected him to be a younger Mahrez on the wing.

I'd agree to be fair. Probably a poor choice of words. He didn't quite live up to the hype that surrounded him though.

25 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

He was average but scored against The Rangers so is categorised as cult

That’s the most memorable one certainly, but his other goal was against Hibs in the play-off game. At the time that was our first ever win in a play-off game.

I’d class Gregory Tade in that mould. Not a bad player but no where near as good as folk make out.

Ronnie Coyle was another. A bit of a bombscare of a player at times but went on to become a legend for his efforts during the reclaim the rovers stuff. You wouldn’t meet a nicer guy too!

Claiming Tade was “no where near as good as folk make out” is mental. Did you see the clubs he played for after us?

What difference does that make to what he did during his time with us? That’s like saying Jordan Thompson must have been great for us as he’s an international now.

Tade wasn't the most skillful player in the world, but his work rate was absolutely unbelievable and we were far poorer for losing him.  Loveable guy and absolutely loved the Rovers, and scored some vital goals for us. 

I liked Harry P. Decent player and one of the few players on loan from a big club who seemed to really appreciate playing for the Rovers. Plus we were playing at a far higher standard, our best finish for a number of years. 

Edited by CALDERON