The New Raith Rovers Thread

55 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m sure I remember him being a posty. That was probably about a decade ago, right enough.

Last I knew he was a property surveyor with a local estate agent. That was a couple of years ago.

Mickey’s overhead kick. Pure football filth.

Classic Nicholl Rovers goal, cross from the flank into the box for an Ally Graham knockdown

490D1ABA-5F1A-4576-8049-04333B9CECAD.gif

Edited by Stelios
Improved video

1 hour ago, Stelios said:

Classic Nicholl Rovers goal, cross from the flank into the box for an Ally Graham knockdown

00ED4DBA-F6EE-4689-BA12-5569A5B34BD1.gif

Christ crazy to think we were paying 80k for Graham in the 90s and we can only dream of that money to spend on one player now

9 hours ago, Stelios said:

00ED4DBA-F6EE-4689-BA12-5569A5B34BD1.gif

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen that footage. It's more or less as I remembered it though, from the Railway Stand.

38 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

First time I've ever seen that goal. I was behind the dugouts and I would have sworn it was up the other end haha

I was positive it was at the other end as well. Unless he's scored a couple like that. 

Probably a good time to share this while we’re all reminiscing, I’ve uploaded the highlights of a few games from the tail end of the 92/93 promotion season to YouTube.

Will be adding a lot more in the next few days starting with a load of matches from the following season in the premier league today.

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen that footage. It's more or less as I remembered it though, from the Railway Stand.

I can't remember where it was shown but there was footage of all 3 goals circulating a while back. 

2 hours ago, renton said:

Anyone else remember a Danny Lennon goal, must've been about 98 or 99. 30 yard  thunderbolt in the top corner against Partick Thistle?

Yeah, run on the beak from the halfway line, one-two with Keith Wright on the edge of the box then curled into the top corner 

Highlights were on Football First so will exist somewhere on VHS