The New Raith Rovers Thread

He was also completely hopeless in the game down at Ayr with Stevenson in goals. He wasn’t going to change our doomed season and I doubt he’d have been much better than any other average lower championship/upper league one winger. Not like he’s done much since leaving us either.
Very true. In ever the optimist with younger players though. Was that the game he was brought on at lb?

Lennon one possibly in a game at the old dens when we were battling for promotion. There was a huge rovers support and a ball cane into the fans and we kept it singing your no getting your baw back. Not sure of result but definitely didn't lose

Aye was old Dens defo - sure we came back from behind.

Mind the supporters being stone radge that day. Was just a young pup myself

Craig Dargo's v Dunfermline, March 2000. Not the best Rovers goal I've seen live, but possibly the craziest I've ever gone at a goal. It coming right after Paul Browne's opener, and me being full of Elizabethan Jack Daniel's probably helped.

1m25s

Remember it well - everyone went tonto.

10 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Aye, good to see it increasing a wee bit. Hopefully the end of the month and pay day for those fortunate enough will see a few more contributions over the weekend. Need to get the momentum back up!

Also, I am not sure who controls the social media, but it may be a good idea to try and push some momentum today and tomorrow around 'donate a ticket' for the 1600 that were planning on travelling to Falkirk for the last game of the season. Donate a 'Title Party' Ticket 😎 

On 30/04/2020 at 19:10, HoustonRover said:

Couple I remember but can't see footage.

Danny Lennon chipping the keeper at Dens Park, lord knows what year.

Scott Crabbe scoring a free kick at Starks Park.

Will investigate further and see if either of the above even actually happened.

On 30/04/2020 at 19:14, grumswall said:
On 30/04/2020 at 19:10, HoustonRover said:
Couple I remember but can't see footage.
Danny Lennon chipping the keeper at Dens Park, lord knows what year.
Scott Crabbe scoring a free kick at Starks Park.
Will investigate further and see if either of the above even actually happened.

I remember crabbe scoring a fk at starks, can't remember any specifics about it, but definitely remember it happened.

On 30/04/2020 at 19:45, CALDERON said:

Scored one against Arbroath. Think it was just after 9/11. Was the first game we had been to in years and caught the bug again. 

Ended up getting time off school to go up to Inverness the next mid week and we got an absolute doing. 

Aye, the Arbroath game is the one that springs to mind. From memory we went a goal down pretty early and struggled against a well organised, compact Arbroath defence. It needed something special to break them down and Crabbe's free kick was something else. Think we won 3-1 in the end.

Edited by Sweaty Morph

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I was really looking forward to seeing Declan Mcmanus forced to give a guard of honour to the Rovers on Saturday, shame.  

Me too!

Also with the rest of the roasters in the team that came up short in second place.

Shame indeed 🤗👏👏👏

3 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Also, I am not sure who controls the social media, but it may be a good idea to try and push some momentum today and tomorrow around 'donate a ticket' for the 1600 that were planning on travelling to Falkirk for the last game of the season. Donate a 'Title Party' Ticket 😎 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I was really looking forward to seeing Declan Mcmanus forced to give a guard of honour to the Rovers on Saturday, shame.  

57 minutes ago, embow said:

Me too!

Also with the rest of the roasters in the team that came up short in second place.

Shame indeed 🤗👏👏👏

So, so needy.

All in the name of a good old wind up, particularly for those of the opinion that they'd skoosh "this shit Seaside league"

There's always one willing to bite. 🐟🎣🧜🏼‍♂️

Edited by embow

Jay Stein's hat trick has to be the best we have on film? Until the Cameron one is made public at least - still never seen that back
Jay Stein their is a blast from the past, we had him at Montrose for a bit.Good wee player from what I remember. What is he up too these days?

Jay Stein their is a blast from the past, we had him at Montrose for a bit.Good wee player from what I remember. What is he up too these days?

I’m sure I remember him being a posty. That was probably about a decade ago, right enough.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m sure I remember him being a posty. That was probably about a decade ago, right enough.

Aye he was a postie after he left us I think.