The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's always the Rovers PotY curse to take into account,  the one where the one voted PotY is usually transferred before the new season starts.

So what's it to be Jao Victoria or Lewis Allan?

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

There's always the Rovers PotY curse to take into account,  the one where the one voted PotY is usually transferred before the new season starts.

So what's it to be Jao Victoria or Lewis Allan?

That reminds me of that c**t Hughes again.

3 years ago, the Players PotY, announce Bobby Barr, that was the team saying GIRFUY Yogi.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Thank f**k, the majority of that team are gone if they voted that c**t as PotY

I think you've missed the point, whatever you think of the squad, at least they had the balls to get it up Hughes, call it 'Cuthbertgate' if you like.

9 hours ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Bobby Barr and Vaughany have said that Yogi destroyed any confidence that was left in that dressing room.

Ive been keeping an eye on the crowdfund and the donations are gradually going down i appreciate times are extremely hard but how will Rovers survive if estimates are correct it will be nearer november before a ball is kicked so please guys if you can afford it keep up the great work

I think there are three worthy candidates for Player of the Year - 

Regan Hendry has been class all season and has been instrumental in us executing the style of play McGlynn wants from us,

Kieran MacDonald has been hugely consistent and his replacing of Calum Crane has been a massive reason for the improvement in the team this season, 

However, I'm tempted to vote for Ross Matthews. At this stage of the last two seasons, I was of the opinion that it was time for him to move on, but this season he's really started to boss games and has weighed in with some priceless goals. 

In fact, I thought Matthews' winner away to Airdrie was worthy of inclusion in Goal of the Season. He won the ball in a robust tackle to start the move, the football in the build up was excellent, then he timed his run into the box perfectly and provided a lovely finish. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Vaughan for goal of the season and MacDonald player of the season for me.

It was between Hendry and MacDonald but Hendry missed 6/7 games through injury whilst I think MacDonald is the only player to start every league game for us. He’s been consistent all season, solid defensively and chipped in with double figures on the assists as well as a few goals.

The Dumbarton home game really highlighted just how important MacDonald is to the way we play. Obviously we had a patch work team out anyway but the biggest problem we had was no outlet down the wings and we looked totally devoid of ideas without it. It’s the only home game we carried zero real threat. Pretty sure MacDonald still managed to be man of the match in that game too even at centre back.

Don’t think they are quite in contention for Player of the year but special mentions to Ross Matthews and Brad Spencer who I thought had excellent seasons. Says it all about the style of play this season that all our central midfielders had good seasons. Welcome change after many years at Starks where the central midfielders main job was winning second balls after watching the ball fly over their heads.

Credit to the much maligned Bene and Davo too who were solid after a very shaky start.

Speaking of mchattie, he was pretty awful defensively but decent enough going forward. So it begs the question, why have Inverness used him at cb? Seems such an unnatural move for him.

Both of ICT’s first XI centre half’s we’re out injured from Jan/Feb time, for the season, as far as I’m aware which is why JR has had to play McHattie there.
(I could be wildly wrong, and talking pish, but I’m sure that’s correct)

Just now, WSDR 88 said:

Both of ICT’s first XI centre half’s we’re out injured from Jan/Feb time, for the season, as far as I’m aware which is why JR has had to play McHattie there.
(I could be wildly wrong, and talking pish, but I’m sure that’s correct)

Did they not sell McCart to St J? That' s why they took Toshney off us.

I think Macdonald has been with his weight in gold this season and has consistently played well and contributed going forward.

Hendry is a touch of class but had that injury although his goal in the semi final is my pick of the season.

10 hours ago, basher brash said:

Ive been keeping an eye on the crowdfund and the donations are gradually going down i appreciate times are extremely hard but how will Rovers survive if estimates are correct it will be nearer november before a ball is kicked so please guys if you can afford it keep up the great work

I think/hope there will be a bounce in the next few days... My group are putting in again - just waiting for pay day!