The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd love to pretend to not get the references there. Can't though.
You like loaning him to a rival so I look forward to his loan signing being confirmed over the summer.
Thankfully our board appear more astute at looking after the club these days.

Hendry and Vaughan are probably our best players. Both love the club aswell.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Thankfully our board appear more astute at looking after the club these days.

Hendry and Vaughan are probably our best players. Both love the club aswell.

Regan Hendry is some boy. Kicked back Falkirk throwing money to sign for us because of how our fans had treated him.  Then picked up a winners medal while being the standout midfielder in the league alongside Brad Spencer. 

Regan Hendry is some boy. Kicked back Falkirk throwing money to sign for us because of how our fans had treated him.  Then picked up a winners medal while being the standout midfielder in the league alongside Brad Spencer. 
Hendry, Spencer, Matthews and tait have all looked good this season. I'd say we have a pretty solid base with those 4 for next season.

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hello lads.

We'll be in for our annual raid of your two best players soon enough*. Who are they this year?

*No ITK. I'm 100% making this up. Hoping at least one of our derby matches at East End and Starks is open to fans next season. 

Lewis Allan and Joao Victoria have been excellent for us, would be class signings for yous 

If we got Steven Anderson and Steven Maclean (I'm hoping we could get both), add that to Hendry and a fit (please!!!!) Vaughan and we could have a very pleasant season in the league above.

Big ifs though.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If we got Steven Anderson and Steven Maclean (I'm hoping we could get both), add that to Hendry and a fit (please!!!!) Vaughan and we could have a very pleasant season in the league above.

Big ifs though.

If the start of the season is delayed (which is likely, this can only be a positive for Vaughan returning).

Big ifs though.
I'd agree. We have some good youngsters coming through so getting those two signed up would provide a good mix on top of the rest we already have signed up.

I'd hope we continue with the hybrid setup aswell. I understand its not ideal from a management point of view but it gives us a chance to get in the best pt players. There's alot of pt players good enough for championship level that have better paying jobs outwith football so it gives us a wider net to cast to get a better team on the pitch. The likes of macdonald has shown himself to be a very good player this season.

1 hour ago, renton said:

I had forgotten what he looked liked. 5 goals in 9 games at the end of 95/96 then nothing...

I have this top and I have Duffield No9 on the back.

The man that Scored the only goal when we beat Bayern at Starks Park.

gettyimages-1527258-612x612.jpeg.c71ce6ba691b95642afe84c716515e8d.jpeg

Edited by mealsonwheels

20 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Would any of you take a punt on Jason Thomson again next season? He's part time now. 

Nah, good servant to the club, but that particular ship has sailed. 

His goals tally two seasons ago deflected away from what had been a couple of pretty rotten seasons. 

Just listened to BC interview on Kingdom FM. He thinks we have the backbone of a Championship club with only 3 or 4 players required and also thinks we're not now talking about going into administration but it won't be easy. Good news mibbes aye mibbes naw. 

5 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Just listened to BC interview on Kingdom FM. He thinks we have the backbone of a Championship club with only 3 or 4 players required and also thinks we're not now talking about going into administration but it won't be easy. Good news mibbes aye mibbes naw. 

Promising regarding Administration, I also agree we are not far away from a solid Championship side:

New Keeper

New RB-S. Anderson-Bene-MacDonald

Matthews-Hendry-Spencer

Armstrong                                         Vaughan 

New Striker

That’s 4 new signings in the starting line up. Although I wouldn’t be overly concerned if we started the season with Miller at right back and Thomson in goals but I think those are areas we can upgrade. A striker is definitely a must. 

48 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Would any of you take a punt on Jason Thomson again next season? He's part time now. 

Hes signed up for next season 

Happened to meet Dick Campbell when out for "isolation walk" at Lochore Meadows

3 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Bored so checked out the 2001/2002 team, few points:

Derek Niven - we sold him to Bolton (need to see what he became).

Sacha Opinel - Mentalist.

Kevin Nicol - Remember he got a hard time being a KDY boy.

Sammy Monin - Does anyone remember a game at Arbroath where he burst his mouth and they bandaged over it or something? I might be making this up, I was young.

Kevin Nichol was the last signing for Kenny Dalglish at Celtic

Not sure where now but was coaching in Norway/ Sweden

5 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

Hes signed up for next season 

Happened to meet Dick Campbell when out for "isolation walk" at Lochore Meadows

No social distance can be too far if you met DC!😄

Nah! Just joking. Dick's sound enough and has been through the ill health mill in recent times from which he's either in remission or now fully recovered. Not sure which these days.