The New Raith Rovers Thread

We need to free up space in the squad to bring in a quality of player that will take us up a level to compete in the Championship. A new goalkeeper, a right back, centre half are must to strengthen the backline. We still  concede to many cheap goals. Midfield we need a left sided player and upfront we will need at least 3 strikers, as Baird and Bowie will be away and although Vaughan should be fit we have to protect him as much as we can as I have a fear he may breakdown again, but hoping he has a very successful season. 

Release, Watson, Mendy, Davo, Dingwall, Anderson, Victoria, Baird and Allan with Bowie away as well. Loan players I would keep Steven Anderson, but would not keep Munro or McLean. That would allow us to bring in up to 10 new players to compliment, Armstrong, Miller, McKay, McDonald, Bene, Thomson, Hendry, Spencer, Matthews, Tait, Smith and Vaughan. 
That could be a  very good squad with the right players signed and quality loan players brought in.

Thomson is in the bracket of injury prone for me. Don’t know what we’ll expect to see regarding wee Vaughan. I agree with your released players. I’d be pulling out all the stops to keep S Anderson and S McLean if and that’s a big IF finances allow it. Before I get my head bitten off for such a remark

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Obviously everyone will be busy with a lot of things just now but would be great if it was possible get another Raith TV interview with Bill Clark next week at some point. The league prize money should be paid out today which seems to be anywhere between 50-70k depending on who you believe. Between various fund raisers and donations we must have brought in close to an additional 60k since this began, that is without including the monthly supporters fund. A fantastic effort from all involved.

Did Bill Clark not say in one of his interviews that we had also received a 20k payment for the Cup final?

I’ve noticed Wilfrid Nanou is on the Q and A list. I was only 9-10 years old when he was with us but I thought he was brilliant. However, I’m not sure if my opinion was based on actual performances or the fact he was good on LMA Manager. Can anyone a bit older at that time confirm what type of player he was?

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’ve noticed Wilfrid Nanou is on the Q and A list. I was only 9-10 years old when he was with us but I thought he was brilliant. However, I’m not sure if my opinion was based on actual performances or the fact he was good on LMA Manager. Can anyone a bit older at that time confirm what type of player he was?

Box to box tiredless worker, full of energy and won his fair share of tackles. Lacked a bit in the technical quality department if I remember correctly?

Got me thinking - I loved Jean Phillipe Javery (I think that was his name) absolute nutter but a damn fine player if I recall.

4 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Yeah, maybe time has shone a good light on Nanou but I remember him as a good box to box player that could keep play moving. He had a terrific game away to Hamilton when we hammered them 4-0.

Bored so checked out the 2001/2002 team, few points:

Derek Niven - we sold him to Bolton (need to see what he became).

Sacha Opinel - Mentalist.

Kevin Nicol - Remember he got a hard time being a KDY boy.

Sammy Monin - Does anyone remember a game at Arbroath where he burst his mouth and they bandaged over it or something? I might be making this up, I was young.

2 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Bored so checked out the 2001/2002 team, few points:

Derek Niven - we sold him to Bolton (need to see what he became).

Got testicular cancer at Bolton and never played for them

ETA: survived and ended up in the English non-league. Just in case anybody was worried about the worst there

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

21 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Box to box tiredless worker, full of energy and won his fair share of tackles. Lacked a bit in the technical quality department if I remember correctly?

Got me thinking - I loved Jean Phillipe Javery (I think that was his name) absolute nutter but a damn fine player if I recall.

Yeah, I loved Javary, him and Sasha the Slasher were some pair to have in that team.

Guys with the skill and talent of Dargo, Burns and Agathe further up the park. Then sheer brainless terrier like tackling further back.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, I loved Javary, him and Sasha the Slasher were some pair to have in that team.

Guys with the skill and talent of Dargo, Burns and Agathe further up the park. Then sheer brainless terrier like tackling further back.

Guido, Alex Burns, Marv Andrews.....great times.

Davie Kirkwood - best passer of the football to ever live. Did we not have a tartan away kit in those days?

Edited by HoustonRover

7 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Davie Kirkwood - best passer of the football to ever live. Did we not have a tartan away kit in those days?

That was a wee bit before then. 96/97.

... and yeah, Kirkwood's range of passing was incredible. Shite than him and Lennon became such targets for the boo boys by the end of their tenures.

Edited by renton

6 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Kirkwood was there there when we had the tartan kit, Guido & Co was later I think.

Hello lads.

We'll be in for our annual raid of your two best players soon enough*. Who are they this year?

*No ITK. I'm 100% making this up. Hoping at least one of our derby matches at East End and Starks is open to fans next season. 

Hello lads.
We'll be in for our annual raid of your two best players soon enough*. Who are they this year?

*No ITK. I'm 100% making this up. Hoping at least one of our derby matches at East End and Starks is open to fans next season. 
Youl probably have to pay him triple his wages to get him... image.jpeg

Just now, grumswall said:

Youl probably have to pay him triple his wages to get him... image.jpeg

I'd love to pretend to not get the references there. Can't though.

You like loaning him to a rival so I look forward to his loan signing being confirmed over the summer.