The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dissapointed not to win it naturally. After Falkirk came and played for a draw I really thought we were going to do it. 

Also dissapointed that it takes a bit of the shine away from Mcglynn. Supporting the Rovers was fun this season and he really has turned things round.

We are only able to take advantage of this because we are top of the league, he deserves all the credit for that. 

Harsh on Falkirk, Airdrie and Montrose, but they have all had chances to take points off us this year and haven't. If it was us in Falkirks position I would be pissed off, but also raging that two different management teams couldn't get above a much smaller club with a smaller budget. 

We aren't out of the woods yet, but at least have a bit of clarity. 

7 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Figured you'd be raging the most, given that you have now lost out on an incredible opportunity of ACTUALLY winning the league title.  

Over the last quarter I became increasingly confident we would win the League outright, with respect, what I saw of FFC didn't convince me that they would. Just an opinion.

I actually hoped EFFC might be joining us, raging?.....naw!! Now.... boot on other foot...would you take it?

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We are only able to take advantage of this because we are top of the league, he deserves all the credit for that. 

Exactly this. Especially considering the number of injuries we have had all season which only just started to clear before things were called to a halt.

To be top of the league most of the season with arguably our 3 best players (S. Anderson, Hendry and Vaughan) only playing one full game together is an excellent achievement.

Ross Matthews...exactly why I have loved watching us this season. Heart on his sleeve and fantastic with the fans.

Still a long long way to go until we are able to properly congratulate them though but I hope that they all enjoy a few weeks away from their personal training regimes now. Well deserved.

Don't you know pump it up!!!!!!

Exactly this. Especially considering the number of injuries we have had all season which only just started to clear before things were called to a halt.
To be top of the league most of the season with arguably our 3 best players (S. Anderson, Hendry and Vaughan) only playing one full game together is an excellent achievement.
Hadn't realised that but that's some stat

Just now, Michael W said:

Falkirk would've won it had they managed to take a single point off Clyde rather than lose three times.

What a shame. 

Rumours are they got close to signing Goodwillie in January, they probably should've done, not for what he'd do in a Falkirk Jersey but for what he wouldnt do in a Clyde one.

We have actually had a good season where we've been top for 21/28 weeks with a group of players and a management team who have given their all for the club. It's a breath of fresh air after the past few seasons and its genuinely been fun to go to watch them play every week or every other week. We have the makings of a good championship team and iv no doubt mcglynn will have us roaring to go... When the new season eventually kicks off.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Hadn't realised that but that's some stat

Yeah, Vaughan’s two league appearances were the 4-0 vs Peterhead and then his injury after an hour at Forfar.

Anderson and Hendry only played 5 league games together, including the 2 with Vaughan. Steven Anderson hasn’t lost a game in a Rovers shirt.