The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yep, nothing but praise for Clark in his tenure so far...... until this week.
Keep giving us updates on the state of the club on the official site, decline any offer of an interview from any other media, recent comments aren’t endearing him or Raith to anyone right now.

Hes not really saying anything that isnt true though is he, most clubs need money,  and Dundee or Drysdale  or whoever made a pigs ear of the vote

Tne rules are as it stands is a points penalty for administration , ok hes maybe laid that part on a bit thick, at least for us I hope as i'd like to think the furlough money in June replenishes the coffers albeit less the 20% we are topping wages up with

He just needs to keep quiet for a bit it's getting boring.
We all know why he's pushing so much and we all would be in the same position however it's becoming an embarrassment after the brilliant way Raith started this episode.
The crowdfunding and other fundraising activities have done amazing.

Finally, its NOT really difficult to see why Dundee would vote no

Nah, I’m struggling to see why?

Null and void isn’t an option, that much has been made clear now.

Dundee United will win that league, that’s for sure so Dundee won’t be stopping them from going up.

Even if the league does finish in June/July as predicted for the EPL etc, I can’t see their being playoffs regardless of what happens in the end for the divisions.

So I do struggle to see why they’d vote No

36 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Dundee United will win that league, that’s for sure so Dundee won’t be stopping them from going up.

Even if the league does finish in June/July as predicted for the EPL etc, I can’t see their being playoffs regardless of what happens in the end for the divisions.

Everything you've written has a counter argument, and every counter argument would benefit Dundee more than voting to end the season now.

I keep reading null & void is off the table (mainly from Rovers fans mind you) but it isn't. Dundee can still keep United down and benefit from next season's derbies. There may even be a declaration of final placings for titles, cash etc but no promotion or relegation. 

They can also benefit from a 14 team top league, not this season but next as theyd be clear favourites.

They can keep this season in limbo and wait for UEFA to make a call re completing fixtures, ending it early certainly stops any chance of this. 

So unless they are desperate for cash there's no reason for them to vote yes.

And now they've realised their unique bargaining position. 

49 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Maybe because they can’t get their head round Partick Thistle, and Stranraer being relegated but Brechin who are also being tailed off at the foot of league 2 some how don’t come into a relegation equation. Goes to the heart of sporting integrity or is it because Brechin have their man on the SPFL committee. The whole thing stinks to the core of Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Maybe because they can’t get their head round Partick Thistle, and Stranraer being relegated but Brechin who are also being tailed off at the foot of league 2 some how don’t come into a relegation equation. Goes to the heart of sporting integrity or is it because Brechin have their man on the SPFL committee. The whole thing stinks to the core of Scottish football. 

Partick Thistle and Stranraer are in automatic relegation places. Brechin are not.

Well they put a statement out about it on April 10th that gave their reasons.
What we don’t know is why they seem to have changed their mind or how their original vote got ‘lost’.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Partick Thistle and Stranraer are in automatic relegation places. Brechin are not.

Can only say their must be some chairman desperate for cash if they can shaft their fellow clubs like what has happened here. Surely they can see the totally unjust outcomes for some teams and the long term financial implications. If teams are only 3 or 4 weeks from financial melt down they must be living way beyond their means, and running their clubs on the financial edge. If that’s what the promise of a few grand does what chance of clubs coming together to find a solution. I would suggest nil .

4 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Can only say their must be some chairman desperate for cash if they can shaft their fellow clubs like what has happened here. Surely they can see the totally unjust outcomes for some teams and the long term financial implications. If teams are only 3 or 4 weeks from financial melt down they must be living way beyond their means, and running their clubs on the financial edge. If that’s what the promise of a few grand does what chance of clubs coming together to find a solution. I would suggest nil .

If a business is facing hardship with potentially 6 months of no income, they aren't necessarily living outwith their means. 

Your chairmans coming across as absolutely desperate for financial assistance after only 4 weeks without income. To an outsider it would appear Raith are definently being run on a financial edge. Just appears that most chairman have sold their sporting souls for the promise of a few grand that was coming their way anyway. The game will never move forward if the clubs can’t work together.

2 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Your chairmans coming across as absolutely desperate for financial assistance after only 4 weeks without income. To an outsider it would appear Raith are definently being run on a financial edge. Just appears that most chairman have sold their sporting souls for the promise of a few grand that was coming their way anyway. The game will never move forward if the clubs can’t work together.

A clubs finances come in peaks and troughs and rely on periodic income from season tickets, SPFL payments and gate money.

This does not happen in regular intervals such as being paid weekly.

Outgoings are signing players/wages and VAT which must be paid on time, are very often out of step with this.

21 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

It's not the fact it's been weeks without income. It's the fact its guaranteed to be months. 

In our case its far more than a few grand being talked about, even more for the leagues above. 

This isn't a case of clubs panicking that they can't last a few weeks without money. It's clubs realising that this is going to be the case for months and months. 

There are some very well clubs at this level, I'm sure East Fife are one of them. They might not be in as much danger, however the longer this goes on it will begin to impact everyone. 

It doesn't matter how well run a business is, 6 months without income just does not work without drastic measures. 

Edited by CALDERON

On 10/04/2020 at 20:15, raith1974 said:

You're right why vote the SPFL guidelines say they dont need to vote. Season starts on day 1 and finishes with the last fixture or when its declared by the board due to other circumstances. Nevermind it appears that your club voted yes anyway. 

Nevermind it appears that your club voted yes anyway.  

Did they ? Really ? 🙄 You might want to check that out ? 

53 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Forfar who voted for the proposal were due a whole  £3700.That wouldn,t stock their catering stalls with bridies

He just needs to keep quiet for a bit it's getting boring.
We all know why he's pushing so much and we all would be in the same position however it's becoming an embarrassment after the brilliant way Raith started this episode.
The crowdfunding and other fundraising activities have done amazing.
Yeah someone from our board needs to have a quiet word with him. He's embarrassing himself, but more importantly he's embarrassing the club.

First of me seeing this newspaper article. I think Bill needs to just keep quiet with his words. I'm still struggling to understand how we go into administration in July and August. We have lost 4 home games which are more than covered with donations. Are this board as shite at budgeting as the last or are there other people out with the club looking for money.