The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I think the only way out the league situation is to give the leagues to those teams with the biggest sense of entitlement, so Falkirk, Dundee and The rangers are all champions😁

Dundee and the Rangers? How does that work? Do they share the trophy?

Null and void is the worst possible outcome for the leagues. The cops wouldn't be so bad but then the challenge cup is ine match and the scottish cup is 3 so you could argue playing them in September is do able 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Null and void is the worst possible outcome for the leagues. The cops wouldn't be so bad but then the challenge cup is ine match and the scottish cup is 3 so you could argue playing them in September is do able 

Null and void after 28 games is just a huge waste of everyone’s time, effort and money.

8 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

But you won’t be “Winning a league”. You will be getting awarded promotion for your report card year to date. Which is fine, they have to decide things somehow. They are not however handing out trophies and medals or championship flags for this. 

Have you read the league rules? The team in first at the end of the season are champions. The season ends after the last game OR when the governing body says it does.

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Right now, I think the only thing standing in the way of null and void is the SPFL's stance that final monies can't be paid out until final positions are known. They have offered no convincing explanation to date as to why that rule could not be put to a vote for change in that situation.

If that were done, there would be no incentive not to Null and Void the season. Only 4 clubs would vote No.

Wasnt the Rangers resolution some kind of loan of money, which apparently is illegal for the SPFL to loan money to its members?

So according to Rangers the SPFL already have the ability to loan clubs money which can be exercised at any time. Crazy.
I think we can all agree that the way this has been handled has been an absolute shambles.

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

So according to Rangers the SPFL already have the ability to loan clubs money which can be exercised at any time. Crazy.
I think we can all agree that the way this has been handled has been an absolute shambles.

Yeah, looking at the SPFL board letter today, they still haven't explained why they wont or cant release the prize money but have reiterated that they wont without final league standings. So that's now the hill the SPFL board appear willing to die on.

I would be quite happy if they promoted teams but there was no championship titles awarded. It's a unique circumstance where we haven't had the rin in and the last day drama no helicopter Saturday.

Why would clubs want to take out a loan when they don’t actually know how much money they will receive in prize money yet? They could easily end up receiving less than they borrowed.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I would be quite happy if they promoted teams but there was no championship titles awarded. It's a unique circumstance where we haven't had the rin in and the last day drama no helicopter Saturday.

If it was me, I'd vote yes to 2 up / 0 down and no championships awarded.

Spoiler

Celtic can just go f**k themselves

Edited by Gordon EF

There's quite a lot in that interview I don't agree with tbh 

The harsh words for Dundee (pariahs, ostracised etc) and the clear emotional blackmail he's now made public

Stating there is only 1 alternative to voting yes when there is clearly other scenarios that can be played - in fact I'm not sure any club going into administration due to these circumstances would be docked points and/or relegated (maybe I'm wrong here)

Finally, its NOT really difficult to see why Dundee would vote no

I like Bill but I wish he'd keep his counsel right about now 

I think the chairman should step back a bit it's a depressing enough time as it is with going overboard. We still have money from the Bowie transfer to come in that might not be immediately but its coming.
Secondly if we were to go into administration why would we get relegated? One more thing we owe Sim 800k and other directors money what would they have to gain by letting us going into administration.