The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mibbees aye, mibbees naw.
Consider that ICT and Dundee are 14 and 18 points behind DUFC, respectively.
I accept it's hard on the teams in play off places but what, really, is the alternative?
(I also wonder how many teams have reached the play offs in recent years and are still in the same division?)
i think a good number of clubs will WANT the money from the SPFL, knowing what Leagues they will be in, bite the bullet and crack on!!

Would you be in favour if we were in second place?

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Well it depends. If the board came out and said, we cannot go on without the cash then would have to respect that? Rather have a club to support? 

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What other choice would I have? Would I be happy, NO but I'd bite the bullet.

Why is the club fund raising right now, so we have a Club to support in the coming season.

33 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

If the alternative was going bust, yes.

It it wasn't I'd be happy to wait out a little longer, bit we are running out of time really. If the season can't be restarted by May (and let's face it here, that's not happening), next season will be an utter shambles. 

A tough call needs to he made and the season is going to have to be ended, one way or another. I don't see how we can get back to anything resembling normality so quickly, unfortunately. 

Edited by Michael W

It all depends on what has been said with regards to a 'no' vote. Will there be another vote very quickly on reconstruction? etc. If so, we may find a situation like the Brexit deadlock. Everyone knowing what they don't want but no majority on what we do want.

That said, if there is no other options on the table and the options are 1) shite result or 2) no prize money and bust --   then every club would bite the bullet and go for the shite result. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Just now, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

It all depends on what has been said with regards to a 'no' vote. Will there be another vote very quickly on reconstruction? etc. If so, we may find a situation like the Brexit deadlock. Everyone knowing what they don't want but to majority on what we do want.

That said, if there is no other options on the table and the options are 1) shite result or 2) no prize money and bust --   then every club would bite the bullet and go for the shite result. 

The reconstruction carrot has been dangled in the event the season is called. Potentially could bring around a few teams inclined to say no in the hope they can save themselves from relegation or get them promoted. By no means a given it will win any around, though. It's a stretch. 

Wouldn't be surprised if no option gets the votes and we try again when the calendar turns to May. 

Promotion based on current standings is correct, but if you expect 75% of teams to vote for it, allowing 1 up with no playoffs is a hard sell. Why not allow the top 4 up with no relegation from the league above? You’d get 75% with that.

42 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Promotion based on current standings is correct, but if you expect 75% of teams to vote for it, allowing 1 up with no playoffs is a hard sell. Why not allow the top 4 up with no relegation from the league above? You’d get 75% with that.

Okay, suggest that to the SPFL, see what they think!!

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

It’s already been discussed by them. According to early reports, the vote looks like 50% and not 75% so they will need something else.

Fair play, however, the longer they linger the more likelihood of clubs going bust!!

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

It’s already been discussed by them. According to early reports, the vote looks like 50% and not 75% so they will need something else.

Well if they won't void it I'd suggest they are in for a long wait. 

Edited by Michael W

I think the carrot is further discussion in a few weeks about further league reconstruction. This would presumably allow the likes of Falkirk a promotion route and potentially an escape route for the likes of Partick.

The whole thing will be revisited in a couple of weeks when no option gets the nod and it is even more apparent the season won't restart within the next two months. 

Edited by Michael W

I don’t think there’s any chance this will get voted through.

From League One alone you’ve got three clubs against it according to Bill Clark. Falkirk and Stranraer are stick ons, and Airdrie the other maybe?

Not necessarily a deal breaker as only 15 out of 20 clubs are needed in the bottom two tiers, but Edinburgh will surely be against it, so there’s four right away. I can’t imagine the other playoff contenders from that league are up for it either.

They need eight from the Championship to get it though, and Partick are already against it obviously, and you can easily imagine Dundee and one other voting no thanks.

I’d imagine we’ll get to see what Plan B is in a week or two. If they have one.