The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy Ramsdens Cup day!

I'd only just started seeing my current girlfriend of 6 years when the cup final happened and I managed to get a last minute ticket to the game, totally ditching her important plans. She wasn't happy at the time, but I sure as hell was. Best decision I ever made. 

When the goal went in I lost my wallet too, I spent the next 2 minutes scrambling around looking for it, for an auld codger to find it 2 rows ahead of me. 

What a day. I miss football. 

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What are the massive outgoings other than the wages? I know the financial situation isn't healthy but really unsure what the crowfunding would go towards after players are on furlough. 

Yeah, I would've thought 55k was probably a good sum for covering the last 4 home games, particularly with the players and staff furloughed.

I guess the prize money is built into the budget, hence with the league season not ending in May when it's supposed to, it leaves a cash flow issue somewhere down the line...

Where is money going at the moment and are there some liabilities that need to be released based on income from prize money? I can only assume yes, because otherwise this does not make sense. 

What would be useful would be a statement of what we are still paying when 80% of wages are removed. 

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Is it not the case the  club/businesses dont see the furloughed money immediately?Seem to recall it wouldn,t be till  June although its backdated till March

Think that's for self employed. I'm pretty sure end of April is earliest employers will see this cash to pay staff. 

15 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Is it not the case the  club/businesses dont see the furloughed money immediately?Seem to recall it wouldn,t be till  June although its backdated till March

My work were advised that the claim for April would come through some time in May and that any claim for March (I like everyone else was paid in full for March before being put on the scheme) would come in at the same time

Its a massive job for HMRC to set this up.

The following is part of a club statement from the Peterhead board today.

The reimbursement package from HMRC for the scheme is not yet live and may take some months to finalise so we must meet wage commitments until we are compensated placing a large financial burden on the club.

Where is money going at the moment and are there some liabilities that need to be released based on income from prize money? I can only assume yes, because otherwise this does not make sense. 

What would be useful would be a statement of what we are still paying when 80% of wages are removed. 

I'm led to believe our playing budget is £41k per month.

Very good interview again with Bill Clark.

He's under the impression football won't be played until October at the earliest, which sounds bleak.

ETA I have zero proof on that figure. It's friend of a friend stuff but can't be a mile away.

The interview with Bill Clark on the website is really at odds with the Courier article shown above. Seems to think we’ll be fine this month and next, the summer might get tricky but perhaps only if we have no clarity on which league we’ll be in as a) this means prize money still won’t have come in and b) season tickets can’t go on sale.

He sounds very grateful for the fundraising that’s happened and it really is an amazing effort. Must be £55-£60k all in.

New strips in the pipeline too which will hopefully be a great way to get some cash in.