The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

That's a big boost completed to that £2k donation from the SPFL 🤣

Haud oan there!!

They have given us £2000....not £20,000?

If so scandalous, I know every little help, but..

We'd take that much in Pie and Bovril sales on a "good" day.

11 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Was it a rovers fan that created that scheme? As barely any team seems to be using it

Hey guys, yeah it was me that set it up, project to keep me busy while I'm sat around doing f*ck all.

Only went live on Friday and Raith only club to promote it so far, seems to be going well considering it's had very little promotion and we'd already raised an enormous amount on JustGiving.

5 clubs are involved so far - ourselves, Clyde, Montrose, Stenhousemuir and Striling Albion. Will also be adding SWPL after Glasgow City got in touch and hopefully Highland and Lowland League teams. It's non-profit so all donations go to the respective clubs, minus the standard transaction fees.

Most clubs have been great in passing it on to other clubs to get involved, hopefully next week there's a lot more promoting it and raising funds, just as long as we stay top of the leaderboard! 😀

With regards to donating via JustGiving or the Raith Donate a Ticket page, it's entirely up to you. Either way the money is going to Raith!

With the just giving sitting at over 40k, 1k odd thru the ticket donation scheme as well as private donations, id imagine we aren't far from that 50k.

Not going to cover everything, far from it, but I'd like to think that when we look at the Bowie money as well as any of the government schemes that we should be able to at least ride this out short term. 

Edited by CALDERON

It's non-profit so all donations go to the respective clubs, minus the standard transaction fees.

Is this the same with Just giving (the transaction fee I mean)?
If I give £10 does the club get £10 or £10 minus transaction fee?

27 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Is this the same with Just giving (the transaction fee I mean)?
If I give £10 does the club get £10 or £10 minus transaction fee?

Yes, I believe it's 2.5% + 25p per transaction on JustGiving. If you use Donate a Ticket it's 1.4% + 20p per transaction.

Yes, I believe it's 2.5% + 25p per transaction on JustGiving. If you use Donate a Ticket it's 1.4% + 20p per transaction.

Thanks for that, so if we use donate a ticket then the club will receive more.

I’ve already donated through just giving, I think my next donation will be via donate a ticket [emoji1360]

I signed up to the lotto which I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I haven't donated anything to the just giving page yet as I'm not paid till tomorrow. I'm sure others are in the same boat and we can reach 50k in the next few days.

Just used the Donate a Ticket website for the first time, I think it’s a great idea and the Rovers have now went over the £2k mark. I’ll make sure I donate what would’ve been admission fees for the remaining fixtures there.

Really is great to see the way the fans have rallied around the club.

Just used the Donate a Ticket website for the first time, I think it’s a great idea and the Rovers have now went over the £2k mark. I’ll make sure I donate what would’ve been admission fees for the remaining fixtures there.

Really is great to see the way the fans have rallied around the club.

Yeah it’s a great way to keep the donating up. I’ve been paid since I made my just giving donation and this means I can keep making small contributions up until the end of when this season would have been.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah it’s a great way to keep the donating up. I’ve been paid since I made my just giving donation and this means I can keep making small contributions up until the end of when this season would have been.

I agree but it looks like we'll need to keep providing some of the life support beyond May 2nd, the good news for the Rovers is it looks like most of us will continue to if we can.