The New Raith Rovers Thread

Question, with Kirkcaldy & Dysart announcing they’re joining the EOSFL and becoming a Senior team. If they wish they could then gain a licence and join the Fife FA to complete in the Fife cup and the Scottish cup. Just out of curiosity have we ever played against them in the past? I’ve never been a fan of the Junior / Senior divide as it’s madness neighbouring teams can’t meet. Just wondered if we’ve ever faced them in a pre season game or something?

1 hour ago, RaithRover123 said:

Was that not the season we finished 2nd to a team that was spending more money than they had 🤔 

It was the 2010/11 season, Raith Rovers spent more money than they had and posted a loss and did indeed come second, the team in first also posted a loss but at least had a trophy to show for it. 

This of course doesn't detract from the point that the squad posted above, would absolutely not in any way be an established premier league side. 

If I'm not wrong, the only players in that side who would be established Premier league players after playing with Davidson would be Tade and Davidson himself? 

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It was the 2010/11 season, Raith Rovers spent more money than they had and posted a loss and did indeed come second, the team in first also posted a loss but at least had a trophy to show for it. 

This of course doesn't detract from the point that the squad posted above, would absolutely not in any way be an established premier league side. 

If I'm not wrong, the only players in that side who would be established Premier league players after playing with Davidson would be Tade and Davidson himself? 

Your point is absolutely correct, the team would not be established in the Premiership.

Especially with Ian Davidson as the holding midfielder - crazy stuff 

Edited by pantene proV
Marvin Andrew's played with Davo after playing in premiership - oops!

Baird moved up to the prem as well

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Baird moved up to the prem as well

I'd forgotten about that. 

During their time at the Rovers I was more worried with Baird than Tade, always seemed more likely to score it seemed. 

Tade would obviously become more refined in time. 

Edited by Grant228

8 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Question, with Kirkcaldy & Dysart announcing they’re joining the EOSFL and becoming a Senior team. If they wish they could then gain a licence and join the Fife FA to complete in the Fife cup and the Scottish cup. Just out of curiosity have we ever played against them in the past? I’ve never been a fan of the Junior / Senior divide as it’s madness neighbouring teams can’t meet. Just wondered if we’ve ever faced them in a pre season game or something?

Can you just imagine a 2 club town in the leagues. What’s the support like with Kirkcaldy & Dysart. Do they still play at Denfield?

On 23/03/2020 at 13:13, Grant228 said:

Firstly, your shitey team got administrated and we didn’t? 

Secondly, arguably the best attacking player there was 16 in 2011/12 and I’m guessing Davidson is going by players at their best while at us. If he was putting a best players team surely skacel would make it even though he was mince for us.

43 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Firstly, your shitey team got administrated and we didn’t? 

Secondly, arguably the best attacking player there was 16 in 2011/12 and I’m guessing Davidson is going by players at their best while at us. If he was putting a best players team surely skacel would make it even though he was mince for us.

Firstly, our team didn't go into administration through that season, we went into it 2 seasons later, and even then that wasnt down to 1 season, it was done to many. 

Secondly while that team wasn't great it still finished 10 points ahead of a team including 8 of those Davidson mentioned, adding Vaughan and Hendry into that doesn't make it an established Premiership team. 

Can you just imagine a 2 club town in the leagues. What’s the support like with Kirkcaldy & Dysart. Do they still play at Denfield?

I’m guessing it’s not that big and they’re unlikely to ever be a league team (although never say never) be great to meet them in a cup and have a wee Kirkcaldy derby match. Never actually been over to their ground. Anyway good luck to them, if all the Fife teams get licensed the Fife cup could be some size.

He's away back to France on Friday, this week. Given notice on accommodation.

I’d guess he’s either mutually terminated his contract (would expect the club would have announced this) or more likely as his family are in France the club have told him to go back to be with his family and return when all this is over.

I’d guess he’s either mutually terminated his contract (would expect the club would have announced this) or more likely as his family are in France the club have told him to go back to be with his family and return when all this is over.
There's little chance of the league getting finished so it makes sense for him to go and be with his family.