The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just gave a second donation after the Chairman’s honest assessment of the situation. I really like how open and honest our board have been recently from Mr Sims interview to Mr Clark’s latest interview. Keep them coming and let supporters know where we stand. As he says not everyone will be able to give as there will be job losses and redundancies but every little helps from the kid who gave £2 right up to the £1000+ donations. Well done to everyone who’s been able to help our club.

46 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Bill Clark, on Sky Sports News there, spoke excellently. Well done sir!
This board is chalk n cheese from the shit show 4 years ago!

What was he saying? I take it they wanted to interview him because of the fundraising appeal?

Target moved to 50k. Sensible decision in my view.

Based on Bill Clarke's interview* we need 200k to survive to the summer and not eat into next year's budget (i.e. with season tickets).

Fag packet calculations but if we hit our 50k, that should do IF we also get 125k prize money for 1st place finish and 25k Biscuit Cup prize money.

The major piece of uncertainty and largest figure is the league prize money. This needs dealt with ASAP. It surely isn't just the Rovers that will be in big trouble without their prize money (and this will be multiplied for teams in higher leagues where the prize money will make up a higher percentage of their budget). 

*Note to say - how good is the club communication at present? Bill Clarke is excellent. As is Sim and SJMcGlynn

Fund target has now moved to £50k perhaps given Bill Clark's scarily frank assessment should it have been more?

I feel we'd do better to look on this fund as a marathon not a sprint, it has been great to see this take off and achieve it's initial objective so quickly but it will count for nothing if the football situation the UK situation stays the same for 3-4 months.

Be nice to think that BoJo the clown is right and 12 weeks will see the UK over the worst but if (as is more likely) not then we are in for the long haul and thats's when drip feeding this thing will be key. 

I'm continuing putting into the fund what I would spend on a match day but any other fundraising I can do I think I will just pass straight over to the club. 

Yep, fantastic of Raith TV to do the interview in the current climate and of course it’s great to hear the chairman being so candid and open about our situation. Very helpful.

What I took was that basically unless the prize money situation is sorted out by the end of next month - or government help becomes available - then we’ll need to scale down the wages. It isn’t ideal and my heart would go out to everyone employed by the club but that won’t be unique in any industry, let alone football. Hopefully there will be some sort of government help announced later today for some clarity. It sounded like there might be Uefa guidance when it comes to promotion/relegation so I don’t think we’ll be able to rely on getting prize money any time soon.

Certainly Bill made it sound as positive as it can be, financially we might just be fine as long as one or the other of the things mentioned above comes through sooner rather than later.

What was he saying? I take it they wanted to interview him because of the fundraising appeal?

I recorded it, but it’s not letting me post the video on here, possibly file size too big.
Basically it was a quick summary of the Interview conducted by RaithTV, as well as the fundraising. They’ve got an old turnstile from the 1930’s (i think he said), which is being refurbed and going to auction for additional fundraising monies. It was ‘live’ also, he just spoke very well and came across excellently.

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I recorded it, but it’s not letting me post the video on here, possibly file size too big.
Basically it was a quick summary of the Interview conducted by RaithTV, as well as the fundraising. They’ve got an old turnstile from the 1930’s (i think he said), which is being refurbed and going to auction for additional fundraising monies. It was ‘live’ also, he just spoke very well and came across excellently.

20200307_170912.thumb.jpg.120e09974aee903f50eaf66d26480442.jpg

Over 31k now - with around 3k'ish donated other ways. Just 15k to go and the new 50k target will be hit. I would imagine with lot's still to put in and many a second and third round donations from people we will hit that nae bother min! This generosity and spirit has massively lifted my spirits over the last few days! Well done folks - keep it up!

2 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Over 31k now - with around 3k'ish donated other ways. Just 15k to go and the new 50k target will be hit. I would imagine with lot's still to put in and many a second and third round donations from people we will hit that nae bother min! This generosity and spirit has massively lifted my spirits over the last few days! Well done folks - keep it up!

The lack of football has me lifting spirits more frequently than usual.