The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

you’d be in a much better and deserving position....

Last time I looked we were top of the league...……...……………...

………………………..been there for a while...………………………...…………………...

Last time I looked we were top of the league...……...……………...

………………………..been there for a while...………………………...…………………...

I’m sure you know I meant financially.....

I’m sure you know I meant financially.....

Alot of donations from fans of other clubs and I'd imagine there are alot of fans who can't make every game. I'm a season ticket holder and don't make every home game due to work for example.

Eta: absolutely brilliant effort by everyone who has donated and will do so. Quite touched to see fans of other teams helping out. I'm sure it won't go unnoticed by our fans when it inevitably becomes the case for other teams needing help.

Around £2k donated by PayPal and bank transfer also. 

This is the first season on the pitch where I've really felt like we are all in this together and I'm pretty sure that has had a big impact in the uptake here also. 

Long way to go, but to raise not far off £20k in a day is just fantastic.  To get that from Rovers fans in the current climate is excellent. To get some from other clubs, is absolutely humbling. If finances allow I really hope we can reciprocate with whoever needs it. 

5 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

How much did you donate ? 

What difference does it make what people donated and why do you care? Some of the donations are anonymous but all are appreciated no matter the size.  I expect most clubs at this level will need a helping hand in the near future.   

What difference does it make what people donated and why do you care? Some of the donations are anonymous but all are appreciated no matter the size.  I expect most clubs at this level will need a helping hand in the near future.   
It makes zero difference unless your a pathetic troll (him) Every donation is a good act and appreciated by anyone who loves our club.

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

It makes zero difference unless your a pathetic troll (him) Every donation is a good act and appreciated by anyone who loves our club.

Damn straight, even a pound or two is that much closer to the goal! A person who can only donate £5 might well be donating more of their income, percentage wise, than some people donating £50 or £100. As others have noted, fans of other clubs kicking in is an excellent sign for fitba and it’s ability to survive.

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What a fan base! Screenshot_20200319-012133_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Well done to Raith fans everywhere and thank you to the fans of any other teams who've decided to help out.  Every team bar Celtic is probably going to need help from the fans to make it through this.  Stay safe everyone and hopefully we come out the other side of this in the near future.  Cup Finals, League wins and bragging rights are not of importance at this time.  Hopefully we're soon discussing bad refereeing decisions, crowd wanks and terrible Make Airdrie Great Again banners soon.  

Edited by San Starko Rover