The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

You don't need to be an accountant to realise a club in this league is going to struggle when the income stream upon which it depends is suddenly cut off.

What a stupid question. 

Surprised other clubs haven't done the same yet to be honest, as you say it doesn't take an accountant to work out with no income and wages to be paid it won't be long until clubs start to struggle.  I applaud the club for being honest and proactive in this matter, setting up a sensible target and we'll see where we are in the summer.  I'm more than happy to donate a few pounds that I can spare in these difficult times.  Don't expect anyone else to do the same unless they can spare it as there will be tough times for individuals as well as football clubs.   

Donated the money I'd have spent going to EF game on Saturday.  Plan to donate further what i would've spent anyway (as long as I keep my job :) ) at games..

Looks like I can throw in the kids links market money too...... 

It is nice to see donations from fans at other clubs too. Would chuck a few quid at any other club that decided to follow suit.

Pathetic, but unsurprising, that the fans will inevitably need do what the governing bodies won't to ensure the survival of our club(s).

2 hours ago, champions said:

Are things that bad at Raith Rovers that you've brought the begging bowl out already, or you just trying to get ahead of everyone else in the hope that fans of other clubs donate?

What a pleb!

Must make you feel so much worse when a team like the Rovers with no real cash reserves and a players wage budget the size of  one of your players is still spanking your manky arse in the league!

Edited by mealsonwheels

9 minutes ago, champions said:

Little over a week into the crisis and you're scrounging for cash already, clearly bad management behind the scenes and overspending on players.....

What would you suggest the club do? 

Harsh reality is that it they wait, people may find themselves with a lot less disposable income very soon. Striking now makes every bit of sense. 

17 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the main question on everyone's lips is when will the Challenge Cup final take place, never mind the Scottish Cup and the Euro play offs and other such trivialities.

Not mine tbh, I couldn't give two hoots about the chocky bikkie cup. Just postpone it and split the pot of cup final winnings in two. Play it as an opener to the new season. Simple. A cup final gets you peanuts , a league win gets you few hundred thousand pounds in crowds. 

1 hour ago, champions said:

Little over a week into the crisis and you're scrounging for cash already, clearly bad management behind the scenes and overspending on players.....

Fishing fail!

Just like your team. A failure!

Edited by mealsonwheels

4 hours ago, champions said:

Are things that bad at Raith Rovers that you've brought the begging bowl out already, or you just trying to get ahead of everyone else in the hope that fans of other clubs donate?

1 hour ago, champions said:

Just in case you missed this, the supporters started this, the club has merely put methods in place where it can be carried out.

I'll chuck some money in on pay day.

The biscuit cup is the least of anyone's worries. I do the like the idea of playing it as a season opener like a charity shield the good weather might get the crowd up and it's better than a pre season friendly against Celtic's team for example. 

Tremendous effort in fundraising. I said on the COVID-19 thread that fans of all clubs would come together and help out those who need it, I'm glad to see that overwhelmingly come true here. The DFC board are meeting today and I would expect to see similar efforts from us.

The challenge cup is of little relevance but the winners receive £50k in prize money, plus a split of a 6000+ crowd. If it had taken place before the shutdown we’d be in a much better position financially. I like the idea of playing it at the start of next season.

A tremendous effort by everyone involved so far. Probably gate money for a couple of home matches raised. Magnificent.

I wonder if it would be possible for ourselves and ICT to at least ask for a part payment of prize money in advance eg we each get paid the equivalent of the runners up prize of £25k or whatever it is and then the winner gets the extra £25k whenever the final is played.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

On the contrary, shows that our board have their fingers on the pulse and realise that this is going to be a difficult period for all football clubs at our level.

Shows forward thinking and good management.

I’d be more concerned if Raith were burying their head in the sand like your club appear to be doing.