The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To get donations from fans of other clubs, especially during such uncertain economic times, is absolutely fantastic. 

I recall when Turnbull was in his pomp after getting the SFL telt over the Sevco affair, Aberdeen fans had a whip round and sponsored a few shirts.

I don’t know for sure if football qualifies but what should’ve grabbed attention for every lower league football club is a £25k grant announced for all ‘leisure’ companies.

Loans are available and are government guaranteed but that isn’t new and nor is it a long-term solution (for anyone, not just Raith). Right now they’re scheduled to be paid back in a year. Tight turnaround, but if things get desperate it should keep the wolves from the door at least until next year.

Johnson and Sunak did their best to be as vague as possible so we’ll see in the next day or two if anything can be gleaned from a Raith perspective.
If there's not at least a four figure donation on the just giving page from 'Rishi and BoJo' by tomorrow morning I'll be disappointed. It would save all of us trying to interpret just what is available and how you go about claiming it.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Over £7k already raised. Time to strengthen the squad for the run in....

Good start, sure every clubs going to be finding the going tough during this period and setting this up early is a good idea, not surprised to see fans of other clubs chucking in a few pounds I've certainly done the same for Dundee and Dunfermline in the past.  Rivalries aside we're all football fans and hopefully we'll all have a team to support at he end of this crisis.  

22 minutes ago, champions said:

Are things that bad at Raith Rovers that you've brought the begging bowl out already, or you just trying to get ahead of everyone else in the hope that fans of other clubs donate?

Unlike the film star Falkirk FC with it's gazillions of season tickets and fans we are living hand to mouth and have been for the last 10 years, once you've spent another 2 seasons in L1 you will probably understand this much better.

47 minutes ago, champions said:

Are things that bad at Raith Rovers that you've brought the begging bowl out already, or you just trying to get ahead of everyone else in the hope that fans of other clubs donate?

Well the club have no income and no cash reserves, so it's the only thing that can be done really. 

I highly doubt we will be alone in that.