The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Would you fucking bore off!!

I’m just intrigued as to why you would want a couple of players from a team currently struggling down the bottom end of League 1 to become part of a squad in the championship? 

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I actually thought Ziggy had his best game in ages, bullied the Loons defenders, ran constantly for an hour and I was a bit surprised when he was subbed for Dingwall, another measure of his progress was the fact he won 2 headers in the air (as opposed to with his feet planted) pretty much unheard of for him so far this season.

I think people are expecting too much of Regan, I was critical of him a month ago but the last few games I've seen IMO he's been sticking out. He cruised through that game yesterday and Forfar couldn't lay a glove on him. I took a former fan to the game who hadn't set foot in SP for 30 years and he agreed with the match sponsors and reckoned RH was the clear candidate for MotM too.

The afore mentioned 30 Year returnee was also pleasantly surprised how good it was, he was well impressed with the standard despite my saying we were under par and didn't hit anything like top gear, he's decided that he's coming to the East Fife game in a fortnight.

Can I ask why he stayed away for 30 years? 

I’m just intrigued as to why you would want a couple of players from a team currently struggling down the bottom end of League 1 to become part of a squad in the championship? 
Sometimes poor teams have good players in them.

McCallum has been a better goalkeeper than anything we've had for the three seasons we've been down here.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I I took a former fan to the game who hadn't set foot in SP for 30 years and he agreed with the match sponsors and reckoned RH was the clear candidate for MotM too.

The afore mentioned 30 Year returnee was also pleasantly surprised how good it was, he was well impressed with the standard despite my saying we were under par and didn't hit anything like top gear, he's decided that he's coming to the East Fife game in a fortnight.

Geez! Thirty years!

Does that mean even the halcyon days of the early to mid 90's weren't enough to bring him back into the fold.

(Shakes head vigorously from side to side in disbelief.🥴)

Well if you remember or not, we took a keeper from lowly Forfar called Scott Y Thomson, and we also signed a youngster called Craig Brewster from the same team. Some teams like ourselves in the past had good players in them and were still relegated.

24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

MacCallam is probably one of the best keepers in the league. Coupe has scored twice against us that I know of. McGlynn loves signing players that do us damage

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we signed McCallum, he has always looked decent against us. 

However, as far as I can see, yesterday was only the second goal of Coupe’s career. The other one was against Arbroath, not us. We should definitely be looking at better, especially if we go up.

MacCallam is probably one of the best keepers in the league. Coupe has scored twice against us that I know of. McGlynn loves signing players that do us damage

I didn't include McCallum* in the quote.

Coupe has one goal vs us, which was yesterday.